Within: Get a easy recipe for 4 component protein balls which can be nice in lunchboxes or as a handy guide a rough snack or dessert.
The quandary: Everybody needs one thing fast to grasp and consume. You’d like that one thing to offer diet, particularly for rising youngsters.
Round right here, I remedy this through having some roughly home made snack bar or chunk readily available, which will briefly pinch-hit for breakfast, a lunchbox deal with, simple wholesome snack, or perhaps a pleasing two-bite dessert.
I’ve been making those no bake power bites for a very long time, normally as a part of Sunday snack prep and meal prep for the week. I usually have the entire easy components in my pantry, and conserving a “little one thing” like this round has a tendency to make my week a little bit more uncomplicated.
I feel those no bake power balls style a little bit like peanut butter cookie dough. In addition they take me back to the fact of the peanut butter Easiest Bar (however price so much much less!). Right here’s the straightforward recipe.
Elements in No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut butter: I exploit creamy herbal peanut butter, that’s made with handiest peanuts and salt. You’ll be able to additionally use almond butter or cashew butter as an alternative.
- Oats: I just like the chunk of out of date rolled oats, however you’ll be able to use fast oats as neatly.
- Powdered milk: To find this within the baking aisle. The type at my retailer is nonfat. This offers added texture to the power bites.
- Honey: You’ll be able to change this for natural maple syrup in the event you favor.
How To Make 4 Element Protein Balls
Mix all components in a medium blending bowl and stir neatly. (You don’t desire a meals processor for this recipe!) In case your combination turns out too dry to roll into balls, upload a bit little bit of peanut butter, a drizzle at a time, till it’s the correct consistency. If it’s too rainy, upload a tablespoon of oats at a time.
If the combination is a bit sticky while you’re rolling it, having rather rainy palms could make this more uncomplicated.
For those who’d like so as to add chocolate chips, stir in about 3 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips, which I feel paintings best possible with those bites.
I love to make use of a cookie scoop to make uniform snack bites. Scoop the correct quantity, then use your palms to roll them into balls. You’ll be able to put them position on a baking sheet as you’re making them or directly right into a sealed container. I am getting about 12 snack bites with one recipe, 24 with a double batch.
What’s powdered milk?
Powdered milk (aka dry milk powder) is made through evaporating the liquid from milk and turning it right into a powder. I stay it in my pantry to make Home made Sizzling Cocoa Combine. You’ll be able to additionally upload it to recipes to present some further calcium and protein, reminiscent of:
What can I exploit but even so powdered milk?
For those who don’t have powdered milk, you’ll be able to additionally use protein powder (reminiscent of vanilla protein powder) or peanut powder (reminiscent of PB2) as an alternative.
Can I exploit maple syrup as an alternative of honey?
Sure, simply change the sweeteners one-for-one.
How do I make those vegan?
To make those peanut butter power balls vegan, change out the powdered milk for peanut powder or a plant-based protein powder, sweeten them with maple syrup as an alternative of honey, and use dairy-free chocolate chips if including chocolate.
How a lot protein do those bites have?
Each and every of those 4-ingredient protein balls incorporates about 4 grams of protein. Want different concepts for protein-rich snacks? See my record of 35 Protein Snacks.
How do I retailer those 4 component protein balls?
Stay those protein balls in an hermetic container. You’ll be able to stay them at room temperature, however I feel they style best possible saved within the fridge. They’re best possible eaten inside every week or so.
Different concepts for swaps & substitutions
- Change a tablespoon of the powdered milk for chia seeds, floor flax seed, or hemp seeds for added wholesome fat.
- Use sunflower seed butter as an alternative of peanut butter to make those nut-free and peanut-free (test labels on all different components to be secure)
- Change chocolate protein powder for the powdered milk to make chocolate power bites
- Industry mini chocolate chips for white chocolate chips
4-Element Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Made with simply 4 components, those No Bake Peanut Butter Balls are a pleasing snack or candy deal with.
- 1/2 cup herbal peanut butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Mix all components. (f the consistency is not moderately roll-able, upload extra peanut butter or extra oats or dry milk powder to get the correct texture.)
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls.
- Retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge.
Serving Measurement: 1 ball
Quantity Consistent with Serving:
Energy: 106Overall Fats: 6gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 4gLdl cholesterol: 1mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
Extra Recipes for Snack Bars and Snack Bites
Nut-Loose Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Snack Bars (w/ No Banana)