Crunchy, highly spiced, and sticky-sweet, this scrumptious air fryer firecracker shrimp recipe is a celebration for the style buds. The gochujang provides it a singular twist and the very best quantity of warmth. Upload the honey, sesame oil, and rice vinegar, and also you’ve were given the very best finger-licking sauce to coat over your ultra-crispy shrimp.
That is actually the BEST firecracker shrimp as it’s a very easy recipe made within the air fryer — those shrimp are significantly so crispy, you’d by no means wager they weren’t deep fried. It’s the very best appetizer for any instance and in addition makes a handy guide a rough weeknight dinner when paired with a grain and a veggie.
Firecracker Shrimp – What You’ll Want
- Gochujang: the superstar component on this recipe. This chili paste is what provides the shrimp its impossible to resist warmth.
- Massive shrimp: we used massive, wild-caught deveined shrimp that’s been shelled for this recipe. Whilst you’ll use smaller shrimp, we choose the bigger dimension for a extra pleasant crunch.
- Sesame oil: sesame oil provides a refined nuttiness to the dish that enhances the warmth from the gochujang.
- Panko crumbs: without equal component for reaching that easiest, crispy coating at the shrimp.
- White sesame seeds: sesame seeds take the feel and taste of this dish up a notch!
- Honey: a yummy method to stability out the warmth from the gochujang and upload a herbal sweetness to the dish.
- Rice vinegar: rice vinegar creates a tangy taste that ties the entire different flavors in combination.
- Air fryer: you’ll want an air fryer to make this recipe for a fast prepare dinner time and crispier consequence.
Get our Most sensible 10 5-Megastar Recipes!
Sign up for our e-mail checklist for brand new recipes and BONUS: get our best 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes ebook!
Diversifications and Substitutions
What is superb about this highly spiced shrimp is that it’s flexible sufficient to cater to other tastes and personal tastes.
For example, in the event you’d relatively use medium shrimp or jumbo shrimp for this recipe, be happy to! Simply needless to say you could want to modify the volume of egg wash and panko aggregate accordingly.
You’ll be able to additionally change the panko breadcrumbs for normal breadcrumbs if desired.
Most sensible Pointers for Firecracker Shrimp
- We extremely suggest breading the uncooked shrimp on a plate relatively than immediately within the bowl with the panko aggregate so the mix doesn’t turn out to be soggy and not able to stick with the shrimp. The method takes a while, however be affected person!
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket with the shrimp. This may increasingly lead them to prepare dinner inconsistently and lead to a much less crispy texture.
If you happen to don’t have an air fryer, you’ll nonetheless make this recipe by means of baking the shrimp in a preheated oven at 400°F for roughly 10 mins or till golden. This could also be an excellent possibility in the event you’re having a look to make a big batch of firecracker shrimp to feed a crowd as you’ll are compatible considerably extra shrimp on a sheet pan than in an air fryer basket.
Garage + Freezer Instructions
Retailer leftover firecracker shrimp in an hermetic container and retailer within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
To freeze, position the fried shrimp and candy chili sauce in separate freezer-safe, hermetic bins and retailer within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Newest Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Firecracker Shrimp
Crunchy, highly spiced, and sticky-sweet, this scrumptious air fryer firecracker shrimp recipe is a celebration for the style buds. The gochujang…
What to Serve with Firecracker Shrimp
You can also’t pass mistaken with a refreshing salad at the facet. We extremely suggest our Herby Cucumber Tomato Salad!
Air Fryer Firecracker Shrimp
This firecracker shrimp recipe is simply the right mix of highly spiced, candy, and crunchy! It is an air fryer recipe this is simple to make or even more straightforward to like.
Prepare dinner:4 mins
- 1-2 tablespoons recent cilantro chopped
Rinse the shrimp underneath chilly water and pat dry. Switch the shrimp to a bowl. Upload 1 teaspoon kosher salt, pepper, sesame oil, and lime juice to the shrimp and toss till lined. Put aside for quarter-hour.
Whilst the shrimp is marinating, combine the panko crumbs, sesame seeds, and 1 teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Crack the eggs right into a separate bowl and whisk.
After quarter-hour, preheat the air fryer to 400ºF.
Dredge a shrimp in the course of the egg wash and make allowance extra egg to drip from the shrimp. Position the shrimp on a plate and sprinkle with the panko aggregate till lightly lined. Dredge the shrimp in the course of the egg wash a 2nd time and repeat the breading procedure. Set the shrimp on a plate. Repeat till the entire shrimp are lined. We extremely suggest breading the shrimp on a plate relatively than immediately within the bowl with the panko aggregate so the mix doesn’t turn out to be soggy and not able to stick with the shrimp.
Drizzle sesame oil within the backside of the air fryer and switch the shrimp to the air fryer. Make certain the shrimp don’t seem to be touching the air fryer.
Air fry the shrimp for two mins, turn the shrimp and fry for some other 2 mins. Take away the shrimp from the air fryer and repeat till the entire shrimp are golden brown and cooked. Let the shrimp relaxation for 5-10 mins.
Whisk the components for the sauce in a bowl till blended, after which gently toss the shrimp within the sauce proper earlier than serving. Most sensible with recent cilantro and serve instantly.
Pointers & Notes
- We used massive shrimp for this recipe. You’ll be able to use medium shrimp or jumbo shrimp if you wish to, however you could want extra egg wash and panko aggregate.
- The method of breading the shrimp takes a while, so be affected person.
- You’ll be able to replace breadcrumbs for the panko crumbs if desired.
Energy: 244kcal Carbohydrates: 21g Protein: 21g Fats: 9g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 10g
Images: footage taken on this publish are by means of Ashley McGlaughlin from The Suitable for eating Viewpoint.