Those extremely scrumptious Brown Butter Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies are flourless and crowned with flakey sea salt for candy and salty goodness.
Final Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
IMO, there’s not anything higher than a excellent, hearty oatmeal cookie. I consume them for dessert, I consume them for breakfast, and I consume them for snacks. Heck, I all the time have a bag of cookies in my freezer for emergencies.
Those butterscotch oatmeal cookies are made with brown butter and there’s no flour concerned! Those are a spin-off of our well-known peanut butter oatmeal cookies however are made with a milder nut butter –> almond butter.
Why you’ll adore it!
Increased with brown butter
A really perfect freezer cookie
This oatmeal butterscotch cookie recipe is made with elementary substances that you most likely have already got!
- Fast-cooking oats: no flour is wanted in those cookies! Make sure you purchase short oats as an alternative of rolled.
- Brown butter: we’re taking issues up a notch by means of browning our butter for a touch of toffee taste.
- Brown sugar and maple syrup: sugars required for those cookies come with mild brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Almond butter: since there’s no flour on this recipe, almond butter actually is helping bind the dough in combination. Be at liberty to wap for cashew or peanut.
- Butterscotch chips: what would butterscotch oatmeal cookies be with out the butterscotch chips?
Best Pointers for Best possible Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
Use quick-cooking oats: whilst we’ve examined this recipe with each short cooking and rolled oats, we propose quick-cooking oats as your dough will keep in combination higher.
Relax the dough: chilling the dough will save you the cookies from spreading an excessive amount of whilst baking.
Somewhat pat down cookies: we propose fairly patting down the cookie dough balls to stop the dough from doming.
Let cool utterly: we propose letting the cookies cool utterly, ahead of dealing with/consuming in order that they don’t wreck aside. Take into accout, they’re flourless so they want the cool time to set.
- Use a special chip: no longer a butterscotch fan? Take a look at the use of chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and even peanut butter chips.
- Use a special nut butter: do this recipe with cashew butter or peanut butter.
- Use a special extract: combine issues up slightly and check out almond or coconut extract!
Counter: retailer those cookies in an hermetic container at the counter for as much as 3-5 days.
Freezer: retailer those cookies in an hermetic container within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
- 1/4 cup melted, unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup mild brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 huge egg
- 1/2 cup all-natural, creamy almond butter (drippy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2.5 cups quick-cooking oats gluten-free, if desired*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- flakey sea salt, for topping
First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Subsequent, make the brown butter. Position butter in a small saucepan. Flip the warmth to medium/top to totally soften the butter. When the butter starts to caramelize, flip the warmth off and let take a seat within the pan till all butter has browned.
Within the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the brown butter and brown sugar till there are not any lumps. Then, upload maple syrup, egg, almond butter, and vanilla and blend once more.
Upload the salt, quick-cooking oats, and baking soda and blend till the entirety is blended. Upload within the butterscotch chips and blend once more.
Refrigerate the dough for 20 mins to set.
Scoop 2 heaping tablespoons of cookie dough into your arms and shape it right into a ball. Position it onto the cookie sheet and fairly press right down to shape a cookie form. The batter will really feel slightly rainy, however it is going to be so cushy and chewy when finished baking!*
Repeat the method above till you’ve have compatibility 6 cookies to your baking sheet.
Bake cookies at 350ºF for Sept. 11 mins or till they start to flip golden brown.
Take away cookies and let cool for a few mins at the baking sheet ahead of shifting them to a cord rack to proceed cooling for no less than 20 mins to company up.
Pointers & Notes
- Cookie dough – the cookies will unfold just a bit bit when baking. When you don’t press them down, you’ll get dome-shaped cookies.
- When you use not up to 2 tablespoons of dough, imagine decreasing your bake time by means of 1-2 mins as your cookies might be smaller.
- It will lend a hand to fairly moisten your arms ahead of rolling the cookie dough and washing your hand’s in-between balls since the dough is beautiful sticky.
Energy: 209kcal Carbohydrates: 25g Protein: 4g Fats: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 17g
Pictures: pictures taken on this put up are by means of Ashley McGlaughlin from The Fit to be eaten Point of view.