One phrase to explain this recipe? GENIUS. K, and wonderful, sumptuous, creamy, tacky, all the issues.
A couple of weeks in the past an concept popped into my head: what if I may prepare dinner pasta the usage of certainly one of my favourite soups? Seems a soup and broth base makes for a shockingly simple pasta bake loaded with wealthy brown butter, herbs, and melty cheese.
Thus, this glorious brown butter, ricotta & butternut squash baked bucatini used to be born! My favourite phase about this recipe (but even so the superb fall flavors) is how simple it’s to make. You actually upload raw bucatini on your pan (sure, raw!), layer within the veggies and spices, pour in creamy butternut squash soup and broth, and cheese it on your hearts need.
I couldn’t prevent sneaking bites when I examined it out and my whole circle of relatives devoured it proper up. That is assured to be certainly one of your new favourite fall dinners, and would possibly simply make the very best distinctive vacation primary dish, too!
The entirety you’ll wish to make this butternut squash baked bucatini
Soft pasta, creamy butternut squash, herbs, spices, and layers of deliciously melty cheese. This pasta bake in point of fact has all of it. Right here’s what you’ll wish to make it:
- Butter: oh yeah, we’re browning the butter, child! Browned butter will get stirred proper into the pasta earlier than baking. You’ll additionally want some butter for the bread crumb topping.
- Pasta: I really like the usage of bucatini on this recipe since the noodles are a little bit thicker than spaghetti. Bucatini noodles also are hole, so that you get further saucy goodness in each and every chunk.
- Veggies & herbs: you’ll want contemporary garlic, yellow onion, contemporary sage, thyme, scrumptious cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice, plus some pink pepper flakes (in the event you like a little bit warmth).
- Butternut squash: we’re in reality stirring butternut squash SOUP into this pasta dish to assist prepare dinner it and provides it that scrumptious fall taste! I used Pacific Meals Creamy Butternut Squash Soup and it used to be easiest.
- Broth: you’ll additionally want vegetable broth or water to assist the pasta prepare dinner whilst it bakes.
- Sweetener: a little bit brown sugar or natural maple syrup brings out the beauty of the butternut squash soup.
- Cheese: that is the place issues get actual just right. We’re including ricotta cheese at the side of mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese for a lot of tacky taste (and an epic cheese pull alternative). I additionally like including a little bit parmesan for saltiness. See under for different a laugh choices!
- For the bread crumbs: you’ll want butter, sage leaves, panko bread crumbs, and salt for the toasty, herby bread crumb topping.
Can I make it gluten loose?
Customise this baked butternut squash pasta
There are significantly never-ending techniques to make this baked butternut squash bucatini your individual! Listed below are some concepts to get you began:
- Upload veggies. For a spice up of veggies, I like to recommend stirring in contemporary spinach, kale, and even sauteéd mushrooms while you fold the cheese in.
- Check out a protein. It’s worthwhile to additionally fold in highly spiced Italian sausage, hen sausage, cooked, chopped bacon, and even cooked, shredded hen (or leftover turkey!). Be at liberty to serve those at the facet, too, after all.
- Pick out your cheese. I really like the combination of mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese, however gouda or highly spiced cheddar could be fabulous!
- Make a choice your pasta form. As I discussed, I selected bucatini since the form is easiest for sopping up all the sauce and cheese, however you’ll have a laugh with different shapes like fusilli al buco, or shorter pastas like ziti, cavatappi, rigatoni, and many others.
How you can brown butter
The brown butter provides essentially the most implausible, wealthy, moderately nutty taste to this butternut squash pasta bake and is more uncomplicated to make than you assume! Get all of my guidelines and methods for browning butter in this publish and get able so as to add it to actually the whole lot.
Butternut squash baked bucatini made in a single pan
- Brown the butter. Get started by means of browning the butter in a medium pan at the stovetop. As soon as it offers off that scrumptious nutty aroma (and starts to brown) take away it from the warmth and set it apart.
- Prep the pasta. Upload the raw (sure, raw!) bucatini to a 9×13-inch baking dish with veggies and herbs. Pour the cooled brown butter into the pan and gently toss the whole lot in combination.
- Make the sauce. Whisk in combination the butternut squash soup, broth, ricotta, and brown sugar, then pour it over the pasta at the side of the comfortable spices and toss to frivolously coat it.
- Bake, then cheese. Bake the pasta exposed for half-hour, and whilst it’s baking, stir in combination the mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Take away the pasta from the oven, stir in one of the most cheese aggregate, and sprinkle the rest cheese on most sensible. Bake it once more till it’s moderately golden on most sensible, then upload parmesan in the event you’d like.
- Make the bread crumbs. Soften butter for your authentic pan, then fry up the ones contemporary sage leaves. Stir within the panko bread crumbs and salt till the whole lot is good and golden.
- Best & consume. Serve the pasta bake and most sensible with the toasted sage bread crumbs, further pink pepper flakes, and flaky sea salt in the event you’d like!
What to serve with this baked butternut squash bucatini
Storing & freezing guidelines
- To retailer: retailer any leftover butternut squash pasta bake in hermetic packing containers within the fridge for as much as 3-5 days. To reheat merely achieve this in a microwave secure dish with a touch of broth or water.
- To freeze: upload leftover bucatini to reusable freezer-friendly baggage or hermetic glass packing containers and freeze for as much as 3 months. When able to serve, let the pasta bake thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating within the microwave.
Extra pasta recipes you’ll love
Get all of my pasta recipes right here!
I’m hoping you like this butternut squash baked bucatini! If you are making it you should definitely go away a remark and a ranking so I know the way you loved it. Experience, xo!
Brown Butter, Ricotta & Butternut Squash Baked Bucatini
Scrumptious butternut squash baked bucatini with wealthy brown butter, creamy ricotta, and layers of melted cheese. This straightforward baked butternut squash pasta chefs multi function pan and is excellent for including your favourite veggies or proteins. Best with toasted sage bread crumbs and revel in the very best fall-inspired pasta bake!
- For the pasta:
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 pound bucatini
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon contemporary thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly flooring black pepper, to style
- Not obligatory: ½ teaspoon pink pepper flakes
- 3 cups pre-made butternut squash soup (I used Pacific Meals Creamy Butternut Squash Soup)
- 2 ½ cups vegetarian broth (or sub water)
- ½ heaping cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or natural maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese (or sub gouda)
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or sub gouda or extra mozzarella)
- Not obligatory: ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- For the sage breadcrumbs:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 sage leaves, very finely chopped
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 375 levels F.
Brown the butter: Position a medium pan over medium warmth and upload 6 tablespoons butter. The butter will start to soften, crackle, after which ultimately foam. Be sure to stir continuously all through this procedure. After about 5 mins, the butter will start to brown and switch a pleasant golden amber colour at the backside of the saucepan, this typically occurs proper when it foams. Proceed to whisk and take away from warmth as quickly because the butter starts to brown and provides off a nutty aroma. Put aside.
Get ready pasta dish: Upload raw bucatini, garlic, onions, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and pink pepper flakes (if the usage of) to a 9×13 inch baking pan. Pour cooled brown butter over the pasta, ensuring to scrape any extra bits off the button of the pan, then use your fingers or tongs to toss the pasta and veggies with the brown butter.
In a medium bowl, whisk in combination the butternut squash soup, broth, ricotta and brown sugar (or maple syrup), cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. Pour over the pasta and toss once more the usage of tongs to frivolously coat the pasta with the sauce.
In a medium bowl, stir in combination mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
Bake exposed for half-hour then take away from the oven, and stir ½ cup of the cheese aggregate. Sprinkle last 1 ½ cups cheese aggregate on most sensible of the pasta. Bake once more for 20-25 extra mins till the highest is moderately golden brown. Take away from the oven and garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Make the toasted sage breadcrumbs: In the similar medium nonstick pan you used previous, upload in 2 tablespoons of butter and position over medium warmth. As soon as the butter starts to soften, upload within the sage leaves and fry till great and crispy, about 2 to 4 mins. After the sage is good and crispy, upload within the panko breadcrumbs and salt, stirring regularly till the breadcrumbs are great and golden brown, about 2 to 4 extra mins.
Serve pasta straight away. Best with toasted sage breadcrumbs and further pink pepper flakes & a pinch of flaky sea salt, if desired. Serves 6-8.
See the entire publish for guidelines, methods & techniques to customise this pasta bake!
Serving: 1servingEnergy: 498calCarbohydrates: 57.1gProtein: 16.7gFats: 22.8gSaturated Fats: 13.7gFiber: 3.1gSugar: 5g