Are you able for a baked oatmeal recipe that tastes like dessert? Sure? K, just right.
A few years again I knew I sought after to infuse a scrumptious baked oatmeal with chocolate and let me inform you, this chocolate peanut butter banana baked oatmeal exams the entire containers. This implausible baked oatmeal recipe is full of wealthy darkish chocolate taste, swirls of creamy peanut butter, and herbal sweetness from ripe banana. It’s like your favourite banana bread and a chocolate peanut butter brownie had a toddler and WOW the combination is implausible.
Now not best is that this baked oatmeal recipe scrumptious but it surely additionally packs 14g of protein, 7g of fiber and a number of wholesome fat to nourish your morning and go away you feeling glad. It’s the very best meal prep breakfast for the week that’s additionally freezer-friendly — AKA the very best excuse to make a double batch and revel in each time existence will get busy.
Don’t fail to remember the chocolate chips as a result of chocolate = love. Revel in!
Components on this chocolate peanut butter banana baked oatmeal
This scrumptious and wholesome chocolate peanut butter baked oatmeal is made with tremendous easy components that you simply most likely have already got available. You’ll want:
- Banana: for the very best quantity of moisture and herbal sweetness. Bear in mind to make use of very ripe bananas!
- Peanut butter: hi, creamy peanut butter taste in each chew. Be at liberty to make use of crunchy or creamy, and ensure it’s the herbal type constructed from simply peanuts and salt. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ for 15% off my favourite logo, Wild Pals!
- Eggs: you’ll want 2 eggs on this chocolate peanut butter baked oatmeal.
- Maple syrup: we’re additionally including some natural maple syrup to naturally sweeten the baked oatmeal.
- Milk: I really like to make use of unsweetened vanilla almond milk or oat milk, however you’ll be able to use any milk you’d like.
- Oats: old school rolled oats are what make this a baked oatmeal! Be at liberty to make use of gluten unfastened rolled oats.
- Cocoa powder: this baked oatmeal will get wealthy chocolate taste from unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder.
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want some vanilla extract, baking powder and salt. Learn to make your individual vanilla right here!
Substitutions & FAQs
As at all times, I’d suggest sticking to the recipe as written the most productive that you’ll be able to in order that your chocolate peanut butter banana baked oatmeal seems absolute best! Listed here are substitutions that I do and don’t suggest:
- Metal minimize oats: I’d no longer suggest the usage of metal minimize oats on this baked oatmeal recipe as the feel will probably be a lot other.
- Fast oats: I believe fast oats would paintings k, chances are you’ll wish to use a little bit greater than the recipe requires.
- Different nut butters: different herbal seed & nut butters like almond, cashew, and sunflower seed butter must paintings high-quality, however I extremely suggest sticking with the peanut butter for the most productive taste!
The way to make chocolate peanut butter banana oatmeal cups
Sure, you’ll be able to simply flip this protein-packed chocolate peanut butter banana oatmeal bake into cups or desserts! This can be a nice on-the-go choice for busy weeks.
- Prep your pan. Upload muffin liners to a muffin tin and spray with cooking spray to stop sticking.
- Divide the batter. Divide the chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bake batter into the muffin tin — you must get round 10-12 oatmeal cups.
- Bake & serve. Bake for 20-25 mins till the oatmeal cups are set and revel in!
Can I make it vegan?
I haven’t examined this baked oatmeal the usage of two flax eggs however I believe it must paintings! Learn to make flax eggs right here, then make sure you additionally use dairy unfastened chocolate chips.
Be certain that the chocolate peanut butter banana oatmeal bake has cooled utterly, after which quilt the pan with tinfoil prior to shifting it to the fridge. It is going to keep just right coated within the fridge for 4-5 days. You’ll additionally retailer particular person slices in hermetic packing containers for ease, and easily reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Freezer-friendly chocolate peanut butter baked oatmeal
- To freeze: as soon as the baked oatmeal has utterly cooled, minimize it into 6 squares/slices and wrap each and every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You’ll additionally freeze all the baked oatmeal for later through wrapping it neatly and striking it within the freezer.
- To reheat: while you’re able to devour it, position an unwrapped frozen sq. of baked oatmeal on a microwave secure dish and microwave it at 30 2nd periods for 1-2 mins. To reheat all the baked oatmeal, merely reheat it within the oven for 20-25 mins at 350 levels F whilst it’s coated with tinfoil.
Extra oatmeal recipes you’ll love
Get all of my oatmeal recipes right here!
I am hoping you’re keen on this chocolate peanut butter banana baked oatmeal recipe! If you’re making it make sure you go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you loved it. Revel in, xo!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal
Scrumptious double chocolate peanut butter banana baked oatmeal naturally sweetened with ripe banana, natural maple syrup, and naturally, your fav chocolate chips! This chocolate peanut butter baked oatmeal recipe is filled with protein, fiber and wholesome fat for a nutritious breakfast you can make over and over.
- For the baked oatmeal:
- 1 heaping cup of ripe mashed banana (from 2 medium/massive further ripe bananas)
- ½ cup creamy or crunchy herbal peanut butter (simply peanuts + salt)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup natural maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or oat milk (or milk of selection)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old school rolled oats, gluten unfastened if desired
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dairy unfastened, if desired)
- For the topping:
- 6 teaspoons herbal peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons darkish chocolate chips for sprinkling on best (dairy unfastened, if desired)
- Maldon sea salt, for sprinkling on best
- Not obligatory for serving:
- Contemporary berries
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Grease a 9×9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a big bowl, upload 1 cup of mashed banana, peanut butter, eggs, maple syrup, milk of selection and vanilla extract. Whisk till neatly mixed.
Upload the dry components to the rainy components: oats, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Combine till neatly included. Stir within the chocolate chips.
Pour into the ready baking dish and unfold out flippantly. Dollop with teaspoonfuls of peanut butter on best, then use a knife to swirl, with reference to 3-4 instances. Don’t cross overboard with the swirling or the oatmeal received’t glance lovely. After all best the oatmeal with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.
Bake for 25-Half-hour or till the oatmeal is about within the center. Take away and make allowance to chill for 10 mins prior to sprinkling with just a little sea salt and serving. I like serving this heat in a bowl with just a little milk or with raspberries on best, however you do you!
To make dairy unfastened: take note to make use of your favourite dairy unfastened chocolate chips.
See the entire submit for simple techniques to customise this baked oatmeal, plus storing & freezing directions.
Serving: 1slice (in line with 6)Energy: 436calCarbohydrates: 50.5gProtein: 14.2gFats: 23.4gSaturated Fats: 6.6gFiber: 7.4gSugar: 23.6g
Recipe through: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures through: Consume Love Eats
This submit used to be firstly printed on July eleventh, 2022, and republished on February seventh, 2024.