This chocolate protein ice cream recipe is dairy-free and made with frozen bananas, cocoa powder, chocolate protein powder, and almond milk! It has 15 grams of protein according to serving, making it one epic dessert.
This chocolate protein ice cream is a part of our 2024 Protein Dessert Collection. If you’re making this recipe, snap a photograph and add it to the remark segment to go into for a possibility to win the Elemis Iconic Assortment. You’ll even be entered into a better giveaway for this collection — a $500 lululemon buying groceries spree! Winners might be selected on January 31.
Love muffins? Us too! Subscribe to our emails and get all of our perfect muffins directly in your inbox.
We’ve been making protein ice cream for so long as I will take into account. We first revealed this publish in 2013 and it’s since been a favourite amongst readers and the crew. This protein ice cream recipe is made with a base of frozen bananas, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, a dash of almond milk, and the famous person – your favourite chocolate protein powder.
After you mix all of it up in a high-speed blender, the consistency might be like a thick Wendy’s Frosty. You’ll be able to consume it right away or freeze it for an hour or so that you can get scoopable ice cream consistency.
Why make this chocolate protein ice cream?
No longer best is that this protein ice cream thick and creamy however it may well both be served directly out of the blender or frozen and scooped like conventional ice cream. Listed below are different causes it’s the most efficient!
- Simple to organize
- 15g protein/serving
What You Want for Protein Ice Cream
- Bananas– the bottom of this protein ice cream is frozen bananas! Frozen bananas are simple to freeze, turn into creamy when frozen and mixed, and upload herbal sweetness. Be told tips on how to freeze bananas right here!
- Cocoa powder– it wouldn’t be chocolate ice cream with out chocolate. We use unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Chocolate protein powder – you’re making this chocolate protein ice cream additional chocolate-y by way of the usage of chocolate protein powder. Be happy to make use of whey or plant based totally protein powder. Our non-public favourite protein powder is Teras Whey.
- Vanilla extract– just a little extract provides scrumptious intensity to ice cream.
- Unsweetened almond milk– you best want just a little little bit of almond milk to assume out the ice cream while you mix the entirety in combination.
- Rainbow sprinkles– ice cream merits a scrumptious topping. We selected rainbow sprinkles, however use no matter ice cream toppings you desire to.
Find out how to Serve Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
Regardless of the way you serve this chocolate ice cream, it’ll be scrumptious. Success you, you get to come to a decision how you need to serve it.
- Cushy Serve: When you love to experience your ice cream as a cushy serve, cross forward and consume the protein ice cream straight away together with your favourite ice cream topping.
- Ice Cream: If ice cream is extra of your jam, line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the chocolate protein ice cream within the pan. Frivolously unfold the ice cream out and canopy with plastic wrap. Position it within the freezer for no less than 2 hours.
Extra Protein Ice Cream Recipes
Get Very best Protein Ice Cream with Those Guidelines & Tips
Consistency is Key
The very last thing you need is to finally end up with drippy chocolate protein ice cream. To keep away from this you must make sure you do a couple of issues.
- Be certain your bananas are frozen up till you mix it within the meals processor.
- Simplest upload just a little almond milk at a time to keep away from a chocolate protein smoothie.
- When you do come to a decision to freeze the chocolate protein ice cream make sure you quilt the ice cream so there isn’t freezer burn.
Select your toppings + Combine-Ins
We selected a easy and vintage ice cream topping, SPRINKLES! You’ll be able to use any of the components under as toppings or mix-ins.
- chocolate chips
- yogurt chips
- peanut butter cups
- contemporary berries
- coconut flakes
- Upload a frozen berry: ditch the cocoa powder and upload frozen blueberries or strawberries.
- Use a special taste protein powder: don’t love chocolate? Switch your protein powder for vanilla or any other yummy taste corresponding to banana or strawberry.
- Pass all out banana: use a banana-flavored protein powder and ditch the cocoa powder for a banana protein ice cream deal with.
Retailer leftover protein ice cream within the freezer, lined, for as much as 3 months. We propose storing in a tumbler container with a lid.
- 2 cups frozen sliced bananas
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup chocolate protein powder we used Lawn of Lifestyles Chocolate Whey Protein
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk* You’ll be able to additionally use a protein drink corresponding to Corepower
- Rainbow sprinkles for topping
Energy: 232kcal Carbohydrates: 41g Protein: 15g Fats: 3g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 20g