This tofu bowl with rice stars crispy tofu, contemporary veggies, highly spiced mayo and crunchy bits of fried onion! A deliciously wholesome vegan dinner to fill your day with plant-based goodness.
Searching for a rock-star vegan recipe or plant founded dinner thought? Do this crispy tofu bowl! Believe, chunks of perfectly-seasoned meaty, savory tofu which can be crispy at the outdoor and gentle at the within. Mix that with fluffy rice and contemporary veggies, then duvet it with a highly spiced mayo. The most productive phase? Sprinkle the entirety with crunchy fried onions! It makes a bowl that’s an explosion of textures and flavors—which occurs to be completely plant-based.
Components on this tofu bowl recipe
This tofu bowl is so scrumptious, we’d gladly upload it to our dinner rotation each night time of the week. (Plus, our children are obsessive about tofu, which is helping!) It’s a spin on our standard Salmon Rice Crunch Bowl, which itself is a riff on our good friend Pinch of Yum’s recipe for Crunchy Roll Bowls. Impressed by means of a sushi crunch roll, it makes use of crispy fried onions to imitate the crunchy tempura flakes. Right here’s what you’ll want for this tofu rice bowl:
- 1 recipe Crispy Tofu or Baked Tofu
- Lengthy grain white rice
- English cucumber
- Mayonnaise (vegan mayonnaise, for vegan)
- Sriracha sizzling sauce
- Crunchy fried onions
- Chunky sea salt or soy sauce
Baked tofu vs crispy tofu
salad we made particularly for our favourite
- Baked Tofu takes 45 mins to make, nevertheless it’s really easy, no-fail, and a fingers off way. If in case you have the time, this system is the very best have compatibility! Get it within the oven, then make the opposite elements for the bowl. You’ll additionally simply make it as much as 3 days upfront after which heat it up in a 350F oven or skillet.
- Crispy Tofu takes about 20 mins to make, nevertheless it’s just a little extra labor-intensive than the baked tofu. You’ll want to have a non-stick skillet, and the process is most commonly hands-on for the prepare dinner time. It may be just a little difficult to turn the tofu as neatly. But it surely comes out fantastically crispy and scrumptious!
The important thing: crispy fried onions
Rather than the tofu, the crispy fried onions are the important thing to this tofu bowl! After attempting this taste secret, we’ve began sprinkling crispy fried onions on all our bowl foods and salads. Listed below are a couple of guidelines:
- Seize a can of bought crispy fried onions. That’s proper, the type that cross on inexperienced bean casserole.
- Sprinkle over the entire bowl as a garnish. This mimics the feel of a sushi crunch roll, and provides a savory onion taste all over.
- Use leftovers for sprinkling on any bowl meal or salad. They’re particularly amusing on on a Caesar salad or kale Caesar.
No tofu urgent required!
In the event you’ve made tofu sooner than, you’ll know that frequently recipes point out to press the tofu by means of wrapping it in a towel and hanging a heavy object on best for half-hour. On the other hand, each our crispy tofu and baked tofu recipes don’t require urgent in any respect! This makes them easiest for weeknight dinners since you don’t need to waste the time looking ahead to it to press. Merely dry it off with a towel and also you’re just right to head.
Garage and leftovers
This tofu bowl saves rather well! Despite the fact that the tofu tastes very best the day of constructing, each the baked and crispy tofu hang up neatly within the fridge for three to 4 days. You’ll additionally make the rice upfront and reheat at the stovetop with a dash of water. This recipe is superb for making forward for lunches and dinners all over the week.
Extra tofu recipes
This tofu rice bowl recipe is certainly one of our best recipes with tofu! Listed below are a couple of extra tofu recipes to check out in the event you love this plant-based protein:
This tofu bowl recipe is…
Vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
This tofu bowl with rice stars crispy tofu, crisp veggies, highly spiced mayo and crunchy bits of fried onion! Gasoline your day with plant-powered goodness.
For the tofu
- 14 or 15 oz further company tofu
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (or arrowroot starch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons smoked soy sauce or soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
For the tofu bowl
- 1 cup lengthy grain white rice
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced or diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 2 huge carrots, julienne peeled or shredded
- 4 radishes, sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise or vegan mayo
- 1 ½ tablespoons Sriracha
- Crunchy fried onions, to garnish (required!)
- Chunky sea salt, to garnish (or soy sauce)
- Rinse the rice. Carry 1 ½ cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Upload the rice and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt. Carry to a boil, scale back warmth to low, and canopy. Simmer 12 to fifteen mins or till the water is totally absorbed (test by means of pulling again with a fork). Take away the warmth, duvet and make allowance to steam for five to ten mins. Then fluff with a fork.
- Observe the directions to prepare dinner the Baked Tofu or Crispy Tofu*.
- Chop the avocados. Cube the cucumber. Julienne or shred the carrots. Slice the radishes.
- Make the highly spiced mayo: combine in combination the mayonnaise and the Sriracha.
- To serve, position the rice in a bowl and best with the tofu and veggies. Sprinkle salt at the veggies or a tiny little bit of soy sauce round the entire bowl. Most sensible with the highly spiced mayo and a beneficiant sprinkle of crunchy fried onions.
*Open the recipes in every other tab for simple navigating. The Baked Tofu way is more straightforward and fingers off, however takes longer (it contains a couple of non-compulsory further spices and extra cornstarch). The Crispy Tofu is faster, however calls for extra effort on the skillet.
- Class: Major dish
- Manner: Stovetop
- Delicacies: Tofu
- Nutrition: Vegan
Key phrases: Tofu bowl, tofu rice bowl, tofu bowl recipe