This cucumber shrimp salad is a deliciously contemporary twist on a vintage. Juicy, bite-sized shrimp will get tossed with crisp cucumbers, inexperienced onion, contemporary dill, and a creamy lime dressing. It is going to hit the spot for an easy-to-make and protein-packed lunch or dinner concept!
It’s a Chopped Shrimp Salad!
Simply after I concept I created the most productive shrimp salad ever, in comes this cucumber model with a creamy lime dill dressing. As success would have it, it miraculously got here along with leftover veggies in my refrigerator, plus a brand new frozen bag of shrimp. Nevertheless it’s these kind of “throw in combination” recipes that all the time prove the most productive (very similar to my salmon salad).
This cucumber shrimp salad is crisp, creamy, and a type of foods you’ll be able to simply stay on consuming – sure, it’s that just right. Plus, it’s the easiest stability of protein and veggies. So if wholesome meal prep is to your thoughts, believe this a quick-to-make, tremendous tasty shrimp recipe that can raise your weekly meal prep in a heartbeat.
Cucumber Shrimp Salad Substances
Call to mind this as a vintage creamy shrimp salad, with an additional inexperienced spin. And with how bite-sized the items are, it’s virtually like a creamy shrimp ceviche. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Shrimp: You’ll be able to use freshly stuck shrimp (in the event you are living close to the water) or a frozen bag of peeled and deveined shrimp. Both works!
- Cucumber: I’m the use of an English cucumber for a heartier, crunchy chew. However you must additionally use Persian cucumbers if that’s extra your factor.
- Inexperienced Onions: A couple of inexperienced onions stay the golf green theme going!
- Creamy Issues: The bottom of the dressing is a mixture of mayonnaise, bitter cream, and a touch of Dijon mustard.
- Limes: If you’ll be able to, seize a larger lime for this recipe. However in the event you handiest have get admission to to smaller limes, seize two.
- Herbs: Recent dill is the most productive herb to counterpoint the remainder of the flavors going down on this salad. However you must additionally use parsley, cilantro or tarragon.
To find the printable recipe with measurements under
How you can Make Cucumber Shrimp Salad
30-minute foods are one thing all of us love to listen to, and this cucumber shrimp salad is solely that. Heck, this may also be made in 25 mins in the event you’re rapid within the kitchen! Right here’s how you’re making it:
Make the dressing. Stir in combination the mayonnaise, bitter cream, lime zest and juice, dill, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Put aside or position within the refrigerator.
Cook dinner the shrimp. Deliver a pot of water to a boil. Then upload the shrimp and cook dinner for a brief 2 to three mins, till cooked via and red.
Relax the shrimp. Whilst the shrimp are cooking, prep an ice water tub. Switch the shrimp to the ice water tub with a skimmer. Allow them to cool for three mins, then drain them in a colander.
Stir the entirety in combination. In a big blending bowl, stir in combination the chilled shrimp, inexperienced onion, cucumber, and dressing till it’s all blended. Now, it’s able to serve!
Tactics to Serve Shrimp Salad
This chilly shrimp salad works wonders for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I in my view like to wrap it with butter leaf lettuce. However right here’s another tasty choices to make use of as the bottom for this salad.
- Lettuce wraps: Spoon this salad on best of butter leaf lettuce or romaine lettuce. And if you need this as extra of a salad, best it on a bowl of your favourite leafy vegetables.
- Crammed Avocados: Since this shrimp salad is diced up into smaller items, you’ll be able to stuff a spoonful in avocado slices (similar to my tuna filled avocados).
- Tortilla wrap: Use any form of tortilla to wrap this up with some spinach or alfalfa sprouts. And in the event you’re gluten-free, I extremely counsel my cassava flour tortillas. They mimic that comfortable and chewy flour tortilla we all know and love.
- Sandwich: Make this right into a shrimp salad sandwich with layers of spinach in between.
Recent shrimp salad is all the time easiest (and can most probably get gobbled the day you’re making it). However you’ll be able to retailer it in an hermetic container within the refrigerator for three to 4 days if making a decision to meal prep it.
Useful tip: Since this has mayo in it, don’t go away it out at room temperature previous a couple of hours. It is going to damage briefly!
Extra Simple Shrimp Recipes
It’s all the time a good suggestion to include shrimp into your protein rotation. And if you need extra contemporary salad concepts for summer time, this record of salad recipes received’t disappoint.
This cucumber shrimp salad is actually a summer time staple, or any time of 12 months for that topic. If you’re making it, let me know the way it grew to become out in a remark under!
Cucumber Shrimp Salad
This cucumber shrimp salad is a deliciously contemporary twist on a vintage. Juicy, bite-sized shrimp will get tossed with crisp cucumbers, inexperienced onion, contemporary dill, and a creamy lime dressing. Watch the video under!
Make the dressing. To make the dressing, stir in combination the mayonnaise, bitter cream, lime zest and juice, dill, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Put aside or position within the refrigerator.
Cook dinner the Shrimp. Deliver a pot of water to a boil. Upload the shrimp and cook dinner for two to three mins, till cooked via and red.
Make an Ice Water Tub. Whilst the shrimp are cooking, get ready an ice water tub. Take away the shrimp to the ice water tub the use of a skimmer. Allow them to cool for three mins, then drain them in a colander.
Stir all of it in combination. In a blending bowl, stir in combination the chilled shrimp, inexperienced onion, cucumber, and dressing, till creamy.
- You should definitely’ve were given a just right, juicy lime. In case you have smaller Mexican or Persian limes, it’s possible you’ll wish to seize two of them.
Energy: 188kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 2g, Fats: 18g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 9g, Monounsaturated Fats: 4g, Trans Fats: 0.04g, Ldl cholesterol: 19mg, Sodium: 315mg, Potassium: 190mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Diet A: 327IU, Diet C: 9mg, Calcium: 49mg, Iron: 1mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and images are copyright secure. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and preferred. Copying and/or pasting complete recipes to any social media is precisely prohibited.