I’m hoping you’re able for a bit one thing indulgent and completely fantastic. I first revealed this french silk pie recipe again in 2015 and sought after to carry it again as a result of let’s face it, lets all use a bit chocolate at this time.
Storytime about this superb pie: again when Tony and I had been courting I began making his birthday dessert. The primary 12 months I made him a coconut cake with strawberry buttercream (AMAZING), however I truly felt like I had to step it up a notch the 12 months after that. We were given chatting about how he liked blueberry and banana cream pie and all issues chocolate. Then I requested him if he ever had French Silk Pie, and he proceeded to invite me what it was once.
Ummm… excuse me? Wait a minute… we’re courting and also you haven’t had FRENCH SILK PIE?! Often referred to as the RICHEST and MOST DECADENT PIE on the earth! I used to be stunned. Fellow Minnesotans know all in regards to the iconic Baker’s Sq..
So in fact, as a result of I’m the birthday dessert wizard, I started on a quest to make him the most productive french silk pie identified to mankind. On his birthday nearly 6 years in the past now, I made him this actual recipe decked out with candles on most sensible and me making a song glad birthday.
After his first few bites of the pie, I used to be involved when he didn’t say anything else. Did he adore it? Did he hate it? What was once taking place? Did I utterly simply spoil his birthday?!
Such a lot of questions.
Seems he was once in chocolate pie ecstasy, often referred to as a euphoric response to scarfing down a slice of this french silk pie. He couldn’t say anything else as a result of he was once blown away. He informed me flat out it was once the most productive factor he’s ever had, and that it was once his new favourite dessert; he handiest sought after my French Silk Pie to any extent further.
And so right here I’m, in any case re-sharing this recipe that we now dangle close to and costly to our chocolate-loving hearts. I believe it will make the easiest addition on your vacation desk.
FREE Final Thanksgiving Information (+ printable tick list!)
Whether or not you’re internet hosting or simply attending, this Final Thanksgiving Information e-mail sequence is for everybody. Input your e-mail underneath to get all of my highest recipes, guidelines, and a FREE printable tick list for all your Thanksgiving wishes.
What’s french silk pie made from?
In the event you’re like Tony and also you’ve by no means had french silk pie sooner than this recipe, you’re in for an actual deal with. It’s made with a candy crust, fluffy, chocolate mousse-like filling that has a fantastic texture, and crowned with whipped cream. Older variations of french silk pie was once made with pudding as the middle, however folks converted to making extra of a mousse at the inside of as an alternative (which I LOVE).
Really helpful equipment
Making selfmade french silk pie calls for a couple of key equipment:
Get all of our go-to kitchen necessities right here!
Substances in french silk pie
This epic french silk pie recipe has 3 parts: an oreo cookie crust, a fluffy, wealthy chocolate filling, and a lot of whipped cream on most sensible. Right here’s the entirety you’ll wish to make it:
- For the pie crust: we’re creating a hazelnut oreo cookie crust made simply with Oreos, hazelnuts, butter and a bit salt. Really easy and SO scrumptious.
- For the filling: you’ll want darkish chocolate, butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- For the topping: that contemporary whipped cream topping is made with heavy whipping cream and granulated sugar. I like to recommend topping with extra chocolate curls or chocolate shavings, too!
Extra superb crust choices
I like the hazelnut oreo crust with this french silk pie, however be at liberty to make use of a special crust for those who’d like! Right here’s what I will counsel:
- Be at liberty to make use of a standard crust like my selfmade all butter pie crust. You should definitely blind bake the crust first as you’re going to now not be baking the pie after including the filling (like in apple or pumpkin pie).
- Check out the usage of different cookies for a special flavored cookie crust! Nutter butters will upload an awesome chocolate peanut butter taste (like in my banana cream pie), vanilla wafers or a graham cracker crust can be scrumptious.
The best way to make the most productive french silk pie
- Make the crust. Pulse the cookies and hazelnuts in a meals processor till they’re finely chopped up, then upload the melted butter and salt and pulse once more till the mix is definitely blended. Press the mix into the ground and aspects of your greased springform pan, bake, after which let it cool.
- Make the filling. Get started via melting chocolate in a saucepan, then set it apart to chill to room temperature. Beat in combination the butter and sugar within the bowl of a stand mixer till it’s mild and fluffy, then beat within the vanilla and fold within the melted chocolate till it’s all nicely blended. Upload the eggs separately, beating for 4 mins for every egg till the pie filling is thick and fluffy.
- Compile & refrigerate. Pour the filling into your cooled, baked pie shell, quilt with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for no less than 8 hours.
- Upload the toppings & eat. Whip in combination the heavy cream and sugar in an electrical combination till stiff peaks shape, then unfold the whipped cream over the pie filling. Garnish with chocolate shavings and serve!
Make the pie forward of time
You’ll be able to simply make one or each portions of the french silk pie 1-2 days forward of time to save lots of time at the day-of vacation festivities.
- To make pie crust forward of time: after baking the pie crust, merely retailer it coated within the fridge till you’re able to gather and relax the remainder of the pie. In the event you’re the usage of a standard pie crust (like my all-butter pie crust) you’ll make the pie dough forward of time and retailer it well-wrapped. within the refrigerator in a disc, or form it into your pie dish, quilt that, and retailer it within the refrigerator.
- To make filling forward of time: when you’ve blended the entire filling in combination, quilt the filling with plastic wrap in order that the plastic is touching the highest of the filling (to stop air from getting into) and relax the filling within the fridge till you’re able to gather the pie. You’ll be able to additionally make the whipped cream topping forward of time and retailer it in an hermetic container till you’re able so as to add it to the pie!
The best way to retailer french silk pie
Retailer any leftover french silk pie loosely coated with plastic wrap or foil within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days.
Extra superb cakes
Get all of my scrumptious dessert recipes right here!
I’m hoping you like this selfmade deep dish french silk pie recipe! If you’re making it make sure to depart a remark and a score so I know the way you loved it. Revel in, xo!
Deep Dish French Silk Pie with Hazelnut Oreo Cookie Crust
THE BEST french silk pie ever with a fantastic hazelnut oreo cookie crust and whipped cream topping. This wealthy, decadent, deep dish french silk pie recipe is easiest for birthdays or vacations!
- For the crust:
- 20 oreo cookies, finely overwhelmed
- 1 cup uncooked hazelnuts
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- For the pie filling:
- 3 oz darkish chocolate (no less than 60%)
- ¾ cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- For the topping:
- 8 oz. heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- To garnish: further darkish chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Grease a 9 inch springfoam pan with nonstick cooking spray or melted butter.
Get started via making the crust: Position cookies and hazelnuts within the bowl of a meals processor and pulse for 1-2 mins or till cookies are finely overwhelmed. Upload in melted butter and salt and procedure once more till nicely blended.
Unload the mix into ready pie pan and press into the ground and aspect flippantly. It must arise no less than an inch to an inch and a part at the aspects. Bake for 10 mins then take away from oven and position on a twine rack to chill.
To make the pie filling: Soften darkish chocolate in a small saucepan over low warmth, stirring from time to time. As soon as chocolate is totally melted, put aside to chill for 5-10 mins.
In a big bowl of an electrical mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat in combination butter and sugar for three mins or till sugar dissolves into the butter and is now not grainy. You can see the butter flip a gentle yellow/nearly white colour and change into fluffy. That is excellent!
Upload in vanilla and beat once more for 30 seconds. Subsequent fold in melted chocolate and blend once more in order that the chocolate is definitely blended with the butter and sugar. IMPORTANT: Make certain that the chocolate has cooled to room temperature, or the chocolate will soften the butter and spoil the filling.
Subsequent upload eggs, separately, beating for 4 mins between every egg. It would be best to use the whisk attachment if the usage of a KitchenAid mixer. (To be transparent: Upload an egg, beat for 4 mins on medium velocity; then upload any other egg, beat on medium velocity for 4 mins and repeat with ultimate egg and ultimate 4 minute blending.) Pie filling must be thick and fluffy at this level. If it’s kind of runny, do not fret, it must thicken up throughout refrigeration.
Pour filling into cooled crust and canopy with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for no less than 8 hours, however ideally in a single day.
As soon as pie is able to serve make the whipped cream topping: Upload heavy whipped cream and a pair of tablespoons of sugar to the bowl of an electrical mixer; beat on prime for 3-5 mins or till cream reaches stiff peaks. Style and upload further sugar if important and blend another time.
Frivolously unfold whipped cream over pie filling, then garnish with darkish chocolate shavings. Serves 9-12, relying on how massive you narrow the slices. Pie will keep contemporary for a couple of days if correctly coated and saved within the refrigerator.
This pie makes use of uncooked eggs. You’ll be able to use pasteurized eggs as an alternative to stop any meals sicknesses related to eating uncooked eggs.
Recipe via: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images via: Sarah Fennel // BromaBakery.com.
This submit was once in the beginning revealed on November sixteenth, 2015, republished on December twenty second, 2021, and republished on November 14th, 2023.