New flagship of the Ekoï professional vary, this shoe has been designed for aggressive street biking. Supposed for energy fanatics searching for explosiveness, the well-named C-4 is in response to a 100% carbon sole for incomparable stress and most energy switch when pushing. The ventilated woven higher with Atop® carbon provides very good give a boost to/thermal convenience and just right pulling potency.
With regards to design, the shoe adopts the racing spirit codes particular to the emblem DNA: notched steel buckles Atop® glossy carbon pink; pink indirect traces; Preliminary “E” visual out of doors the heel; reflective insert behind the shoe with a delicate pink and an unequivocal point out: Complete actual Carbon.
C4 Restricted Version
Alastair Hamilton PEZ sez: I’ve reviewed six other pairs of trainers (and two other pedal methods) over the past couple of years, and I don’t suppose any of them had any in reality unhealthy issues, however all of them had a minimum of something over the others. My newest pair of ‘check’ footwear are from Ekoï, they’re the C-4 Restricted Version, in white in fact (street biking footwear must simplest be in white). I say white, they if truth be told have a black phase on the heel and a few great little pink main points right here and there.
Low minimize below the ankle
Great detailing in pink
The weave subject material of the higher is each relaxed a groovy, with further air flow at the aspects and most sensible. The perimeters on the ankle bone are minimize low, which fits me, however the heel comes up on the again so far as every other footwear. There may be little gripping rubber ‘dots’ throughout the heel, so no slip. There may be a large number of padding across the heel and ankle and at the within the tongue, all this provides to the relief and foot safety. Your foot feels comfortable, with out a constriction, plus there’s a relaxed and inflexible heel cup, which I’ve discovered I would like. There may be a large number of toe room with further strengthening within the toe and heel spaces.
Grip on the heel
The fastening machine by means of Atop, makes use of spherical adjusters which appear to be their competition (BOA), however to loosen them you flip anti-clock smart, which releases all of the cable, this makes taking the footwear off a lot more straightforward. To tighten, you flip clock smart, mini clicks for micro adjusting the tightness. The adjusters and cables are replaceable if wanted.
Numerous air flow
The ‘atop’ dials aid you take your footwear off
The only real is extremely stiff and is aimed toward the ones folks who’re nonetheless racing or a minimum of taking their coaching/using significantly. There are air vents on the entrance and heart/rear of the only, those even have a mesh overlaying, little such things as this presentations the care desirous about construct and design. There are toe and heel protectors to minimise any harm to the carbon sole, the heel protector is replaceable. There are the usual 3 bolt shoe plate fittings. I used WAHOO/Speedplay and Glance and becoming the cleats was once as simple as standard. They move somewhat a ways again at the sole for individuals who like a extra mid-sole cleat becoming. There may be a pleasing pink patch at the sole with the Ekoï brand.
Entrance air flow and 3 level cleat becoming
Rear air flow and replaceable heel pad
So, how do they really feel? As you possibly can aside from, you’re feeling no energy loss throughout the sole and pulling up there is not any discomfort or flex. Cast for 100% effort. As I mentioned ahead of, your foot is held tight, however with out constriction. Adjustment at the transfer is simple and there was once no twisting of the foot below drive. The low minimize around the ankle is an added convenience, as is the air flow. An overly fashionable shoe to take a look at, plus convenience and an excessively inflexible really feel. Whoever designed the Ekoï C4 should be a bicycle owner, as the whole lot has been nicely idea thru.
- Stiff, however with convenience
- Numerous air flow
- Nice adjusters
- Low minimize ankle with heel give a boost to and grip
- The one unfavourable is that I would like a little bit extra in-step give a boost to, however that could be a private factor that I would like in maximum footwear
Safe cable machine
- Most energy switch because of the stress of the entire actual carbon sole
- Exact tightening with two steel ATOP® carbon buckles
- Breathability and give a boost to because of the woven ethereal mesh higher
- Stiff outsole in complete actual carbon
- Sole air flow machine
- Same old three-point attachment, suitable with all primary manufacturers of pedals: Shimano, Glance, Time, Speedplay…
- Commencement to facilitate the location of your wedges
- Perforated insole for higher moisture wicking
Neatly made and trendy glance
- Breathable mesh to permit just right temperature legislation all the way through workout
- Woven mesh with low stretch to maximise pulling energy
- Very good give a boost to because of the 2 ATOP® carbon buckles which enable actual micrometric tightening
- Gripping facilitated by means of the ATOP® notching
- Strengthened tongue for convenience, perforated for breathability.
- Weight: 260 g (in measurement 41 – 10.36 in)
- 8 sizes: 39-46
- In depth coaching / pageant
- For explosive riders searching for energy
Now not 100% white, however nonetheless glance nice
- Sole: 100% carbon
- Woven higher: 54% polyester – 46% TPU
- Heel lining: PU
- Worth: €302.49, $320.69, £263.92. Pass to the website online for up to the moment reductions
- Extra information at: www.ekoi.com