I’m obsessive about this fast Korean-inspired Gochujang Salmon Rice Bowl. It’s a flavorful meal in underneath 30-minutes! Air fryer or oven!
Gochujang Salmon Rice Bowls
I consume salmon each week, so I’ve heaps of salmon recipes on repeat in my space. To change issues up I got here up with those gochujang glazed salmon rice bowls which are so scrumptious I needed to proportion. I like Korean delicacies and all the time stay gochujang in my fridge. It’s a well-liked Korean condiment, as common as ketchup is to American citizens. The flavour is good and highly spiced, which matches best on salmon rice bowls. Make it within the air fryer or bake it within the oven. I serve it over brown rice with sesame seeds for a high-protein, macro-balanced meal. If you wish to make this low-carb, serve it over cauliflower rice. For more fit salmon rice bowl recipes, check out my Honey-Sriracha Salmon Rice Bowls, Asian Salmon Bowls, and 3-minute Microwave Salmon Rice Bowls.
Why You’ll Love This Korean-inspired Salmon Rice Bowl
- Rapid: Air frying salmon is concerning the fastest technique to prepare dinner it. You don’t must preheat the oven, and the fish is finished in 6 mins. Or bake it within the oven for roughly 10 mins.
- A Meal in One: Get your carbs, protein, and veggies multi function bowl. No wish to make an aspect dish!
- Wholesome: Those gochujang salmon bowls have 33 grams of protein and are a perfect supply of omega-3s. And should you’re balancing your macros, this dish has a just right quantity of carbs, fats, and protein that will help you achieve your objectives.
- Scrumptious: Get from your convenience zone and discover new flavors you might not be conversant in!
Korean Salmon Rice Bowl Substances
- Salmon: Cube 4 salmon fillets into one-inch cubes.
- Salmon Marinade: Minced ginger, soy sauce
- Gochujang Paste or sauce is a Korean condiment that’s highly spiced and a bit candy. You will have to be capable to to find it at your native grocery store, but when now not, you’ll acquire it from Amazon.
- Mirin is an Asian rice wine with extra sugar and not more alcohol than sake.
- Soy Sauce: You’ll want extra soy sauce for the gochujang glaze, plus further for serving.
- Sugar: Slightly sugar balances out the highly spiced, savory flavors.
- Toasted Sesame Oil: Simply part a teaspoon of sesame oil provides the glaze a extra complicated taste.
- Garlic: Mince one small clove.
- Rice: Prepare dinner brown rice at the range or within the Rapid Pot.
- Greens: Slice 4 mini cucumbers and a couple of scallions.
- Black Sesame Seeds to sprinkle on most sensible of the gochujang salmon bowls
The best way to Make Gochujang Salmon Rice Bowls
- Gochujang Glaze: Mix the entire glaze substances in a small bowl.
- Marinate the Salmon: Pour the soy sauce and ginger at the fish and let it sit down for 5 mins. You’ll marinate it for as much as half-hour, however any further might make the fish delicate since soy sauce is acidic.
- Air Fry Salmon: Spray the air fryer basket with oil and air fry the salmon for 5 mins at 400°F, shaking midway. Brush the glaze over the fish and prepare dinner yet one more minute.
- Compile the Rice Bowls: Put 1 / 4 of the rice and cucumbers in each and every bowl. Best with salmon, sesame seeds, and scallions, and serve with extra soy sauce if desired.
- Protein: Sub hen or shrimp for salmon.
- Sauce: Change gochujang for hoisin sauce with a bit sriracha for warmth.
- Mirin: Replace rice wine vinegar for mirin.
- Gluten-Loose: Change soy sauce with tamari or coconut aminos.
- Greens: Upload avocado or edamame.
- Rice: Transfer out brown rice with white rice and even noodles, like soba or rice noodles.
Cooked salmon will stay for as much as 3 days within the fridge. If you happen to don’t wish to microwave fish, retailer the rice and salmon in separate boxes. Microwave the rice, consume the fish chilly, and upload the greens proper earlier than consuming.
You technically don’t must thaw salmon earlier than air frying it, however I extremely counsel it for the most productive tasting effects.
To forestall drying out your salmon, make sure you don’t overcook it. If it’s taking a look executed earlier than the time is up, you’ll all the time pull out a work and reduce it open to test for doneness.
Extra Air Fryer Salmon Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 bowl
Mix glaze substances in combination in a small bowl.
Position salmon in a big bowl, upload the ginger, soy sauce and let it sit down 5 mins.
Air Fryer Means:
Spray the basket with oil.
Position salmon within the air fryer basket in an excellent layer and air fry 400F about 5 mins, shaking midway. Brush the glaze at the salmon and prepare dinner 1 minute extra, till the salmon is cooked thru within the middle and browned everywhere.
Preheat the oven to 425F. Position salmon on a sheet pan in an excellent layer and bake 8 mins. Brush the glaze at the salmon and prepare dinner 2 to three extra minute extra, till the salmon is cooked thru within the middle and the glaze is browned everywhere.
Serve 3/4 cup rice and 1 cucumber in each and every bowl. Best with salmon, sesame seeds and scallions.
Serve with extra soy sauce, if desired.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us know the way you loved this recipe! This is helping our industry to thrive and proceed offering loose, high quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 bowl, Energy: 431 kcal, Carbohydrates: 50 g, Protein: 33 g, Fats: 10 g, Saturated Fats: 1.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 78 mg, Sodium: 416 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 6 g