My favourite approach to make use of leftover turkey is to make a scrumptious pot of turkey noodle soup. It’s additionally a very good strategy to blank out your fridge!
Turkey Noodle Soup
Don’t throw out the turkey bones after Thanksgiving! Making selfmade turkey inventory with bones is the name of the game to the best-tasting soup. I promise it’s simple! This Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup recipe is the very best strategy to flip vacation leftovers into a delightful meal. With a wealthy, flavorful broth, delicate turkey, and a mixture of greens and noodles, this soup is convenience in a bowl. For extra of my favourite soup recipes that will be nice with leftover turkey, do that Immediate Pot Hen Noodle Soup, Turkey Pot Pie Soup, and Tortilla Soup.
Why This Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe Works
- Simple: This turkey soup with egg noodles and greens is so easy. You don’t even must sauté the onions and garlic. Simply throw the whole thing in a pot and simmer.
- Wholesome: This dish supplies just right fiber and protein with handiest 131 energy and less than 26 grams of carbs.
- Nourishing: This heat, comforting meal supplies a number of vitamins, comparable to nutrients A, C, and Okay and potassium.
- Freezer Pleasant: This recipe for turkey noodle soup is superb for meal prep and freezing since leftovers reheat smartly.
- Selfmade Turkey Inventory: Make your personal inventory with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.
- Herbs: Bay leaf, recent parsley
- Greens: Carrot, onion, celery
- Garlic: Mince two garlic cloves.
- Salt and Black Pepper to season your soup
- Noodles: I used No Yolks egg noodles.
- Turkey: You’ll want two cups of leftover shredded turkey.
Make Turkey Noodle Soup
- Fill a big pot with the inventory, bay leaf, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer till the greens are comfortable.
- Last Components: Put the parsley, noodles, and turkey within the inventory, and cook dinner the pasta consistent with bundle instructions.
- Serve: Discard the bay leaf and serve sizzling.
- Hen: Switch turkey with leftover hen and hen inventory. You’ll additionally use the bones from a rotisserie hen to make inventory.
- Time Saver: When you don’t have time to make selfmade inventory, use low-sodium canned turkey or hen inventory or broth.
- Pasta: Use no matter varieties of noodles you might have. Rotini and elbow macaroni would paintings.
- Herbs: Upload recent thyme, rosemary, or chives.
Make Turkey Inventory with a Leftover Turkey Carcass
Bones create a wealthy, flavorful inventory, and it’s more uncomplicated to make than it’s possible you’ll assume. There aren’t any precise measurements—use no matter is to your fridge.
- Upload the whole thing to a soup pot: the leftover turkey carcass with any turkey meat, an onion, a couple of stalks of celery, some garlic, herbs, and anything you in finding to your fridge.
- Simmer: Quilt the whole thing with water, put the lid at the pot, and simmer it on low for a couple of hours.
- Pressure the liquid: Toss out the bones and greens, reserve the turkey, and get started your soup.
When you’re now not making the soup immediately, refrigerate the inventory. Then, take away the fats from the highest. You’ll use this turkey inventory recipe as a base swapping the turkey wings for leftover turkey.
What to Serve with Turkey Noodle Soup
How lengthy is soup made with leftover turkey just right for?
Leftover turkey lasts for as much as 4 days. So, I’d counsel making this soup an afternoon or two after Thanksgiving, so the soup remains to be just right for no less than an afternoon.
Are you able to freeze turkey noodle soup?
Turkey noodle soup additionally freezes smartly, so you probably have additional, freeze it in small bins for as much as 3 months. You’ll both thaw it within the refrigerator in a single day or microwave it instantly from frozen.
Do egg noodles absorb soup?
Sure, noodles absorb the broth as they sit down within the liquid. To reheat the soup, you might want to upload a bit additional water or inventory.
Extra Leftover Turkey Thanksgiving Recipes:
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 3/4 cups
Fill a big saucepan with selfmade turkey inventory (or canned).
Upload bay leaf, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, salt and pepper to style and simmer 10-Quarter-hour, till the greens are comfortable.
Upload parsley, noodles and shredded turkey; cook dinner consistent with noodle instructions, about 5 mins.
Discard bay leaf and serve.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us understand how you really liked this recipe! This is helping our industry to thrive and proceed offering unfastened, top of the range recipes for you.
Serving: 1 3/4 cups, Energy: 131 kcal, Carbohydrates: 25.5 g, Protein: 5 g, Fats: 0.5 g, Sodium: 57 mg, Fiber: 4.5 g, Sugar: 2.5 g