Crisp-tender Lemon Brussel Sprouts are mild and brilliant, made with shaved brussels sprouts, broth, lemon juice, and zest. Simply 5 components!
Lemon Shaved Brussel Sprouts
This fat-free Brussels sprout recipe is all about texture and brightness, and those crisp-tender shaved Brussels sprouts will persuade any skeptics to check out them (My aunt, who isn’t a sprouts fan, liked them). The broth is helping season the sprouts and wilts them sooner. They’re a scrumptious, wholesome facet dish and a really perfect addition for your Thanksgiving desk. They’re additionally gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan! For extra shredded Brussels sprouts recipes, check out my Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts, Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Cacio e Pepe Brussels Sprouts.
Why This Works
- Vibrant, flavorful and scrumptious option to get ready brussels sprouts
- Dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, whole30 licensed
- Simplest 5 components!
- Weight Watchers 0 issues!
- Simple facet dish
Lemon Brussel Sprouts Elements
- Brussels Sprouts: Trim the ends off two kilos of Brussels sprouts.
- Broth: Use a part cup of low-sodium vegetable or rooster broth.
- Salt and Pepper season the sprouts.
- Lemon: Zest one lemon after which juice it.
The best way to Make Lemon Brussel Sprouts
- Warmth the broth over medium-high warmth in a big, deep skillet. As soon as it simmers, upload the sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the Brussels sprouts, stirring infrequently, till they’re fairly wilted however nonetheless have some texture. Take away the pan from the warmth.
- Lemon: If serving instantly, stir within the lemon juice and zest. If making upfront, stir within the lemon proper ahead of serving the sprouts sizzling or heat.
- Oil: This lemon Brussel sprout recipe labored out a lot better with none oil, so I left it out. Be happy so as to add some if you want.
- Garlic: Upload 3 huge garlic cloves or two tablespoons of minced garlic to the broth.
- Parmesan: Most sensible the Brussels sprouts with grated parmesan cheese.
- Spiciness: Upload some overwhelmed crimson pepper flakes for some warmth.
What’s the best way to shred Brussels sprouts?
You probably have a meals processor, the quickest option to shred Brussels sprouts is to glue the reducing disk. Then, throw within the sprouts on the most sensible, and the device will do the entire give you the results you want.
For those who don’t have a meals processor, you handiest desire a sharp knife. Minimize them in part after which thinly slice them vertically.
And in the event you don’t have time for both of the ones strategies, you’ll purchase pre-shredded Brussels sprouts on the grocery store.
What to Serve with Lemon Brussel Sprouts
Those Brussels sprouts with lemon might be highest with such a lot of fall and wintry weather foods.
Make Forward Pointers
It’s essential to make those simple lemon Brussel sprouts a couple of hours upfront, which can assist the flavors mix and make the sprouts extra mushy. Gently reheat them at the range ahead of serving, and upload the lemon zest and juice as soon as heat.
The best way to Retailer Lemon Brussel Sprouts
Leftover shredded Brussels sprouts will stay in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days within the fridge and can also be reheated at the range or within the microwave.
Extra Brussels Sprout Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 7 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 cup (cooked)
Use the reducing disk on a meals processor to shred the sprouts, or a pointy knife to halve after which thinly slice them through hand.
In a big deep skillet, warmth the broth over medium-high warmth. When it begins to simmer, upload the sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
Sauté, stirring infrequently, till the sprouts are fairly wilted however nonetheless have some texture, about 8 to ten mins. Take away the pan from the warmth.
If serving in an instant, stir within the lemon juice, and lemon zest. If making forward of time, stir within the lemon proper ahead of serving sizzling or heat.
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us know the way you loved this recipe! This is helping our trade to thrive and proceed offering loose, top of the range recipes for you.
Serving: 1 cup (cooked), Energy: 59 kcal, Carbohydrates: 12.5 g, Protein: 4.5 g, Fats: 0.5 g, Saturated Fats: 0.1 g, Sodium: 361 mg, Fiber: 5 g, Sugar: 3 g