This Mediterranean quinoa bowl is a scrumptious weeknight dinner or wholesome lunch! Nice for meal prep, it is filled with veggies, chickpeas, and extra.
- They’re customizable. You’ll be able to trade up the quinoa bowl toppings according to what you’re yearning or what you’ve got available.
- They’re nice for meal prep. Cook dinner the quinoa and blend up a delectable sauce over the weekend. Then, briefly collect quinoa bowls all week!
- They’re tremendous pleasing…to not point out tasty! I fill my quinoa bowls with protein-packed quinoa, fiber-rich veggies, and large drizzles of a flavorful sauce. It’s without equal aggregate of wholesome and scrumptious.
You’ll be able to put virtually any vegetable, protein, or sauce in a quinoa bowl, so I urge you to take a look at to creating your personal. However to get you began, I’m sharing my go-to Mediterranean quinoa bowl recipe under, plus guidelines for customizing it and making it forward. It’s a staple in my kitchen. Whether or not you observe it to the letter or completely trade it up, I am hoping it turns into one in yours too!
The right way to Make Those Quinoa Bowls
This Mediterranean quinoa bowl begins with easy, contemporary elements:
- Cooked quinoa, in fact! Any form of quinoa works neatly—white, crimson, black, or tri-color.
- Spiced roasted chickpeas – In conjunction with the quinoa, they pack this bowl with plant-based protein. Additionally they upload scrumptious crunch!
- Cherry tomatoes and Persian cucumbers – For a veggie punch! If you’ll’t in finding Persian cucumbers, English cucumber is a smart sub. If common cucumber (now not Persian or English) is your best option, peel and seed it ahead of including it to the bowls.
- Avocado – For creamy richness.
- Garlic yogurt sauce – This sauce is SO simple to stir in combination—no meals processor or blender required! It’s a vivid, creamy aggregate of Greek yogurt, garlic, olive oil, and contemporary lemon juice.
- Pickled crimson onions – For a vivid pop of taste.
- Recent parsley and mint – They make this quinoa bowl tremendous flavorful and refreshing.
- And Aleppo pepper flakes – They upload a slightly of warmth. Can’t in finding them? Common crimson pepper flakes paintings right here too!
To gather, fill a bowl or meal prep container with a base of quinoa. Then, upload the chickpeas, greens, avocado, and drizzles of the garlic yogurt sauce. Best with pickled onions, contemporary herbs, and pinches of Aleppo pepper. Season to style, and experience chilly or at room temperature.
To find your entire recipe with measurements under!
The right way to Cook dinner Quinoa
For those who’re new to cooking quinoa, don’t let it intimidate you! Getting ready it is rather very similar to cooking rice at the range. Right here’s how I do it:
- Rinse the quinoa, and position it in a saucepan with water. (I take advantage of 1 3/4 cups water for each and every 1 cup of quinoa.)
- Carry the water to a boil, cut back the warmth, and canopy the pot.
- Simmer for quarter-hour, or till the water is absorbed.
- Take away the pot from the warmth and let stand for 10 mins.
Make-Forward Pointers for This Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
This Mediterranean quinoa bowl recipe is excellent for meal prep!
Get started by means of cooking the quinoa, making the yogurt sauce, and roasting the chickpeas. Then, collect bowls in meal prep packing containers with the quinoa, roasted chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, and pickled onions.
Retailer them within the refrigerator for as much as 4 days, and retailer the sauce in a separate container within the refrigerator. Whilst you’re able to devour, drizzle at the sauce, and upload the avocado and contemporary herbs. You’ll have the BEST weeknight dinner or fast lunch.
**Wait so as to add the avocado and contemporary herbs till proper ahead of serving in order that they don’t wilt or brown within the refrigerator.**
Customise Your Quinoa Bowl
I really like this recipe as written, however be happy to make it your personal! Listed here are a couple of simple tactics to switch it up:
Let me know what diversifications you check out!
This recipe is of course gluten-free.
Extra Grain Bowl Recipes
For those who love those wholesome quinoa bowls, check out this sort of grain bowl recipes subsequent:
Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
Save you your display screen from going darkish
Cook dinner the quinoa in step with this recipe.
In the meantime, make the smoky chickpeas: Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Position the chickpeas at the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and cayenne. Toss to coat and unfold calmly at the baking sheet. Roast for 20 to half-hour, or till golden brown and crisp.
Bring together bowls with the quinoa, smoky chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado. Best with pickled onions, mint, and pinches of Aleppo pepper. Drizzle with garlic yogurt sauce and serve.