Those oatmeal collapse fig bars are a candy deal with and a better-for-you snack that may be loved any time of the day. The fig-maple syrup filling mixed with the chewy oatmeal crust makes this scrumptious recipe a must-try for someone in search of a very easy, tasty deal with.
Those Oatmeal Fall apart Fig Bars are a love kid between a Fig Newton and a collapse bar! The flavour of the figs mixed with oatmeal collapse topping is solely fabulous — and kid-approved.
To make those scrumptious fig oatmeal bars, you’ll want to melt the dried project figs, make the oatmeal crust and fig filling, and compile all of it on a baking pan. Bake, let ’em cool, and revel in! Whether or not you serve them for a special day, as a snack on your child’s lunches, or make a large batch as meal prep for your self, those wholesome fig bars can be successful.
What You Wish to Make Oatmeal Fig Fall apart Bars
- Dried project figs: the starring act of this recipe. Don’t skip it!
- Maple syrup: maple syrup is a brilliant herbal sweetener, and the flavour pairs deliciously with the candy fig.
- Out of date rolled oats: those oats will soak up extra taste and prepare dinner up quicker than steel-cut oats.
- Floor cinnamon: cinnamon, fig, and maple syrup? Rely me in!
- Egg: egg acts as a binding agent for the oatmeal collapse topping.
- Turbinado sugar (non-compulsory): it is a extra herbal, unrefined sugar to stay issues wholesome.
Want Breakfast Inspo?
Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best possible breakfast recipes instantly for your inbox.
Permutations and Substitutions
- Maple syrup: Switch the maple syrup with uncooked honey as an alternative for a special taste twist.
- Coconut oil: Avocado oil or olive oil might be used rather than the coconut oil. Simply be aware the style and texture of your bars will range.
- White entire wheat flour: Replace the white entire wheat flour with all-purpose flour, almond flour, or chapati flour.
- Upload nuts: For an additional layer of crunch, upload some walnuts or pecans to the oatmeal collapse aggregate.
What are the most efficient types of figs for fig bars?
We used dried project figs for this recipe, and the recipe got here out scrumptious. On the other hand, there are lots of other types of figs that can be utilized for fig bars, every with its personal distinctive taste profiles.
Some common sorts come with Turkish figs, Calimyrna figs, and Kadota figs. Simply you’ll want to use dried figs as an alternative of unpolluted ones, because the moisture content material in recent figs can impact the feel of the bars.
Can home made fig bars be made forward?
Sure. Those oatmeal fig collapse bars are make-ahead pleasant and can also be ready days upfront. This makes them a super choice for gatherings and even vacation exchanges, the place time is of the essence.
To make sure most freshness, it is suggested to bake the bars as much as 3 days upfront. This will likely permit sufficient time for cooling and garage with out compromising their style or texture.
Garage + Freezer Instructions
Any leftover oatmeal fig collapse bars can also be left in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 3 days. After, it’s best possible to retailer them within the refrigerator to increase their shelf-life.
To freeze, lower the bars into unmarried servings and layer them in between parchment paper. Position in a freezer-safe, hermetic bag or container and retailer within the freezer for as much as 3 months.