For those who couldn’t inform, I’m on a bit of of a curry kick at the moment. I imply, what’s to not love?! Soft veggies simmered away in a creamy coconut milk broth stuffed with warming spices — curry is solely a type of highest foods for fall and wintry weather.
To be slightly truthful I’ve had a model of this recipe in my archives for some time now, so I’m truly excited to be sharing it with you all now! Meet my vegan butternut squash curry with cauliflower and chickpeas!
She’s a phenomenal golden bowl of goodness (say that 5 instances speedy) that may heat your house very quickly. Critically, this implausible curry takes almost about half-hour to make proper in a single pot, is excellent for meal prep, and is even freezer-friendly! Serve it up along with your fav facets and get able for a nourishing week.
Substances on this butternut squash curry
Get able to fall in LOVE with the entire flavors and veggies on this vegan butternut squash curry recipe. Right here’s what you’ll want to make it:
- Greens: we’re loading this yellow curry up with an onion, carrot, contemporary butternut squash, cauliflower, and spinach.
- Herbs & spices: get all of the ones glorious flavors from garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
- Coconut milk: the curry is simmered in a can of full-fat coconut milk for all that creamy goodness.
- Broth: you’ll additionally want vegetable broth (or hen broth, if now not vegan/vegetarian) to simmer the entire components.
- Peanut butter: I really like so as to add a little bit herbal creamy peanut butter for a deep umami taste.
- Soy sauce: for extra savoriness, we’re including a pair tablespoons of gluten unfastened soy sauce. You’ll additionally use coconut aminos.
- Chickpeas: each and every serving packs 13g of plant-based protein from chickpeas!
- To garnish: I love to best my bowl with contemporary cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Learn to peel and lower a butternut squash
We’re including contemporary cubed butternut squash to this curry recipe, so make sure you head to this put up to be informed the perfect, most secure method to peel and lower your squash!
No squash? No drawback.
The butternut squash can simply be swapped for contemporary cubed pumpkin or candy potato.
Select your protein
Be at liberty so as to add or change the chickpeas for cubed tofu, diced or shredded hen, and even shrimp!
Simple butternut squash curry made in a single pot
- Cook dinner the veggies. Get started by means of cooking down the onion, carrot, cauliflower, and butternut squash in a little bit coconut oil till they start to melt. Stir within the garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer the curry. Stir within the coconut milk, broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Carry the whole thing to a simmer for a couple of mins, then stir within the chickpeas and simmer for 10 extra mins.
- Upload spinach, serve & consume. Proper prior to you’re able to serve, stir within the spinach and cook dinner till it wilts, style and modify any seasonings, then serve it up. Most sensible your bowl with cilantro and chopped peanuts should you’d like!
Our favourite techniques to serve this butternut squash curry
This pretty curry is scrumptious as is, however I really like serving it with this sort of facets:
The best way to retailer & freeze butternut squash curry
- Within the refrigerator: retailer this yellow butternut squash curry within the fridge for as much as 4 days in an hermetic container.
- Within the freezer: You’ll want to now not overcook the greens. Let the curry cool utterly prior to shifting it to a freezer-safe reusable bag or hermetic glass container. Freeze for as much as 2 months. To reheat it, merely thaw the curry within the fridge. Whilst the curry is thawing, be at liberty to make rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa to serve with it. Reheat at the stovetop or within the microwave for two mins till heated thru.
Extra vegan foods you’ll love
Get all of my vegan dinners right here!
I am hoping you like this one pot butternut squash curry recipe! If you are making it make sure you depart a remark and a ranking so I know the way you really liked it. Revel in, xo!
One Pot Butternut Squash Yellow Curry
Nourishing one pot butternut squash curry stuffed with warming flavors from ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and creamy coconut milk. This veggie-packed butternut squash curry is the easiest vegan dinner with a lot of protein from chickpeas. Revel in it by itself or with rice or naan!
- For the curry:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 huge carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cubed contemporary butternut squash
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (from 1 small head cauliflower)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- ½ teaspoon floor turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus extra should you love it a little bit highly spiced
- 1 (15 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetarian broth
- 2 tablespoons herbal creamy peanut butter
- 1 to two tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos, to style
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus extra to style
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and tired
- 1-2 cups contemporary spinach, chopped
- To garnish:
- Chopped peanuts
Upload coconut oil to a big deep skillet, pot or dutch oven and position over medium warmth. As soon as coconut oil is melted, upload within the onion, carrot, cauliflower florets, and butternut squash and saute, stirring once in a while, till cauliflower and butternut squash start to melt, this will have to take 5 to ten mins. Subsequent, stir within the garlic and ginger, curry powder turmeric and cayenne and cook dinner, stirring regularly, for 1 minute to liberate flavors.
Stir within the coconut milk, broth, peanut butter, soy sauce (or coconut aminos) salt and pepper; stir neatly to mix. Carry to a steady simmer and proceed to cook dinner 5 mins extra, then stir in chickpeas and simmer over medium-low warmth for 10 extra mins.
Prior to serving, stir in spinach and cook dinner for two mins or till spinach wilts, then style, and modify seasonings, including extra salt and pepper, if vital.
Ladle into bowls or divide into meal prep bins with rice. Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro and chopped peanuts.
See the entire put up with guidelines, methods, and our favourite techniques to serve this curry!
Serving: 1servingEnergy: 469calCarbohydrates: 38.6gProtein: 13.6gFats: 32.8gSaturated Fats: 23.8gFiber: 11.2gSugar: 5.2g