A paper by means of Westrich et al. (2023) examines payer perceptions of 5 other price frameworks. Worth frameworks of passion integrated:
- American Society of Scientific Oncology (ASCO) Worth Framework,
- Drug Pricing Lab’s Drug Abacus (previously Memorial Sloan Kettering Most cancers Middle’s Drug Abacus),
- Institute for Scientific and Financial Evaluation (ICER) price overview framework and proof reviews
- The Innovation and Worth Initiative (IVI)’s Open-Supply Worth Mission fashions,
- Nationwide Complete Most cancers Community (NCCN)’s Proof Blocks
The authors carried out a double-blind, web-based survey to evaluate payers’ perceptions of those price frameworks. General, 51 well being care payer respondents discovered that the a very powerful components when settling on a worth framework used to be that (i) suitable metrics and results have been integrated, (ii) comparative scientific effectiveness knowledge used to be supplied and (iii) the consequences have been methodologically rigorous and independent.
Some of the 5 price frameworks, ICER, NCCN and ASCO have been the worth frameworks regarded as Most worthy for formulary selections, whilst ICER used to be some distance and away probably the most helpful for drug worth negotiations.