This salmon rice bowl recipe stars marinated salmon, recent veggies, highly spiced mayo and crunchy bits of fried onion! It’s impossible to resist.
Right here’s a dinner thought lets consume on repeat each and every night time of the week: Salmon Rice Crunch Bowls! This tasty bowl of salmon and rice has a couple of taste secrets and techniques that make it over-the-top craveable. The chunks of delicate fish are coated in an impossible to resist savory, garlicky and just a little candy salmon marinade. Mix that with fluffy rice and recent veggies, then duvet it with a highly spiced mayo to in point of fact make it pop. Sprinkle it with crunchy fried onions to seal the deal! We will be able to’t get sufficient of this one.
Elements on this salmon rice bowl recipe
This salmon rice bowl is such a lot amusing, we may consume it on a daily basis of the week if lets. The crunch a part of the bowl is a riff on our good friend Pinch of Yum’s recipe for Crunchy Roll Bowls. It mimics the textures and flavors in a sushi crunch roll, the use of bought crispy fried onions to imitate the crunchy tempura flakes (genius, Lindsay!). Right here’s what you’ll want for this salmon rice bowl:
- 1 recipe Marinated Salmon
- Lengthy grain white rice
- English cucumber
- Sriracha sizzling sauce
- Crunchy fried onions
- Chunky sea salt or soy sauce
About the ones crispy fried onions
So, the ones crispy fried onions: rather then the marinated salmon, they’re the important thing to this salmon rice bowl! After making an attempt it, let’s simply say we sprinkle crispy fried onions on all our bowl foods and salads. Listed below are a couple of pointers:
- Snatch a can of bought crispy fried onions. That’s proper, the type that cross on inexperienced bean casserole.
- Sprinkle over the entire bowl on as a garnish. They mimic the feel of a sushi crunch roll, and likewise convey just a little savory onion taste to the birthday celebration.
- Use them for sprinkling on any bowl meal or salad. They’re particularly amusing on on a Caesar salad or kale Caesar.
Keys to the marinated salmon
This salmon rice bowl is just right with any form of salmon: so you’ll use your favourite salmon recipe. However what in point of fact makes it shine is that this marinated salmon! It provides an additional punch of taste with soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar and garlic. Right here are some things to grasp:
- Position the salmon in shallow dish, then pour within the marinade combination. The recipe beneath makes about ¾ cup marinade which goes for 1 pound of salmon.
- Marinate at room temperature for no less than half-hour. You’ll permit the salmon to marinate for as much as 3 hours refrigerated; if that is so, permit it to face at room temperature half-hour earlier than cooking.
- Faucet off extra marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Putting off extra marinade is essential when you’re pan searing so the pan gained’t spit (it’s now not as vital for grilling, since extra marinade can fall between the grates).
- Prepare dinner the use of your favourite cooking manner. Make pan seared salmon, broiled salmon, or grilled salmon following those related strategies.
Permutations in this salmon rice bowl
Wish to make a good sooner salmon rice bowl? Use other flavors? Listed below are a couple of concepts:
- Pace it up with smoked salmon or canned salmon. This makes an ideal fast weeknight meal. If the use of canned salmon, drain it and blend it with just a little olive oil, salt and pepper earlier than serving.
- Use other greens. Use no matter you could have available! Check out broccoli, edamame, shredded purple cabbage, or sliced bell peppers.
- Upload a special taste profile. Switch out the highly spiced mayo for cilantro lime dressing and use fast black bean and corn salad for the greens for a unconditionally other really feel.
How would you customise this salmon rice crunch bowl? Tell us within the feedback beneath!
Extra salmon recipes
Love cooking with this flexible fish? Check out those tasty salmon recipes:
This salmon rice bowl recipe is…
Gluten-free, dairy-free and pescatarian.
This salmon rice bowl recipe stars marinated salmon, recent veggies, and the most productive phase: crunchy bits of fried onion! It’s impossible to resist.
- 1 recipe Marinated Salmon (or your favourite salmon recipe*)
- 1 cup lengthy grain white rice
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 2 massive carrots, julienne peeled or shredded
- 4 radishes, sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons Sriracha
- Crunchy fried onions, to garnish (required!)
- Chunky sea salt, to garnish (or soy sauce)
- Rinse the rice. Carry 2 cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan. Upload the rice and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt. Carry to a boil, cut back warmth to low, and canopy. Simmer quarter-hour or till the water is absolutely absorbed (test by way of pulling again with a fork). Take away the warmth, duvet and make allowance to steam for five mins. Then fluff with a fork and serve.
- Make the Marinated Salmon (pan seared, broiled or grilled). When it’s completed, flake the salmon into massive chunks with a fork.
- Chop the avocados. Cube the cucumber. Julienne or shred the carrots. Slice the radishes.
- Make the highly spiced mayo: combine in combination the mayonnaise and the Sriracha.
- To serve, position the rice in a bowl and height with the salmon and veggies. Sprinkle salt at the veggies or a tiny little bit of soy sauce round the entire bowl. Best with the highly spiced mayo and a beneficiant sprinkle of crunchy fried onions.
*To make a good sooner salmon bowl, use smoked salmon or canned salmon (tired and seasoned with just a little of olive oil, salt and pepper).
- Class: Dinner
- Manner: Stovetop
- Delicacies: Seafood
- Nutrition: Gluten Loose
Key phrases: Salmon rice bowl, salmon rice bowl recipe, salmon rice bowls