This scrumptious Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad made with juicy pears, pomegranates, pepitas, and goat cheese is the easiest fall facet dish.
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
I like uncooked shaved Brussels sprout salads and feature been making them since Madison was once little. She loves them! Remaining yr, I shared this Fall Brussels Salad with Apples, however in recent years, I’m loving this pear model with pomegranate seeds. The easiest fall facet dish to revel in together with your favourite protein. The colours are stunning, the pepitas give it the easiest crunch, and the goat cheese (or feta cheese) provides creaminess. For extra of my favourite Brussels sprout recipes, do that Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad and Shredded Brussels Salad with Beaverbrook.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Colourful: This pretty Brussels sprout salad would glance nice for your vacation desk.
- Hearty: Leftover shredded Brussels salads, not like leafy salads, will probably be nice day after today.
- Wholesome: Brussels sprouts are low in carbs and prime in fiber and protein, with loads of nutrients C and Okay. The opposite components are all nutritious, including much more fiber and protein.
- Simple: If you purchase prepped pomegranate seeds and Brussels sprouts, all you must do is whisk the French dressing, reduce the pear, and throw the entirety in a bowl.
What You’ll Want
- Brussels Sprout Salad Dressing: Olive oil, minced shallots, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar
- Brussels Sprouts: Thinly shred 12 oz of Brussels sprouts.
- Salt and Pepper to season the sprouts and French dressing
- Pear: Core and cube one massive, ripe crimson pear.
- Pomegranate Seeds: You’ll be able to deseed an entire pomegranate your self or purchase a cup of seeds out of your grocery store.
- Pepitas: Toast 1 / 4 cup of pepitas.
- Cheese: Use feta or goat cheese.
The best way to Shave Brussels Sprouts
You’ll be able to acquire pre-shredded Brussels sprouts from the grocery store, however I wish to prep them myself in order that they’re brisker.
- First, bring to a halt the foundation finish of each and every sprout, after which do probably the most two strategies beneath:
- Slice the Brussels sprouts in part after which reduce them vertically.
- Use the cutting disk on a meals processor to shred the sprouts, or a pointy knife to halve after which thinly slice them through hand.
The best way to Make Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- French dressing: Whisk the olive oil, Dijon, shallots, and vinegar with a pinch of salt and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Brussels Sprouts: Pour the dressing over the shaved Brussels sprouts in a blending bowl and season with 1 / 4 teaspoon of salt and black pepper to style. Toss smartly and switch to a big salad bowl.
- Compile the Salad: Most sensible the sprouts with pears, pomegranates, pepitas, and goat cheese.
- Vegetables: Sub kale for the shredded sprouts.
- Pear: Change the crimson pear with a Bartlett or Bosc pear or an apple, like Crimson Woman or Honeycrisp.
- Pomegranates: Replace dried cranberries or dates.
- Pepitas: Use toasted pecans or walnuts.
What to Serve with Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
This simple Brussels sprout salad would move completely with any protein, like baked salmon, roasted rooster, or honey mustard air fryer red meat chops and a starchy facet dish, like roasted potatoes, brown rice or quinoa.
The best way to Meal Prep Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
In case you’re serving it at a birthday celebration or the vacations, do those 3 issues an afternoon or two early:
- Shred the Brussels sprouts
- De-seed the pomegranate
- Make the French dressing
At the day of your match, collect the salad a few hours early, however wait to chop the pear till proper prior to serving. This hearty salad will stay for as much as two days within the refrigerator.
Extra Shaved Brussels Sprouts Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 cup
For the dressing, whisk olive oil, Dijon, shallots and vinegar with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Pour the dressing over the shaved Brussels sprouts in a big blending bowl and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to style.
Toss smartly then switch to a big salad bowl and best with pears, pomegranate, pepitas and cheese.
Please depart a score and remark letting us know the way you really liked this recipe! This is helping our industry to thrive and proceed offering loose, high quality recipes for you.
*see notes above on easy methods to shave brussels sprouts
Serving: 1 cup, Energy: 154 kcal, Carbohydrates: 15.5 g, Protein: 4 g, Fats: 9 g, Saturated Fats: 2 g, Ldl cholesterol: 5.5 mg, Sodium: 240 mg, Fiber: 4.5 g, Sugar: 7 g