I’m obsessive about those simple, Sluggish Cooker Hen Enchiladas, made with rooster, black beans, tortillas, my home made enchilada sauce, and cheese.
Sluggish Cooker Hen Enchilada Casserole
Hen enchiladas are one among my favourite issues to make and consume, so naturally, this slow-cooker model hit it out of the park! I tailored it from this rooster enchilada skillet recipe, the usage of boneless, skinless rooster thighs, however you’ll additionally use rooster breast. I served it over cilantro lime rice and crowned it with avocado and a few crema. It used to be successful with my circle of relatives and really easy to make.
Why This Crock Pot Hen Enchiladas Works
- Highest for Meal Prep: Make this rooster enchilada casserole previous within the day every time you’ve a while, and it’ll be in a position and ready come dinnertime.
- Wholesome: This dish has 25.5 grams of protein, due to the rooster, beans, cheese, and bitter cream.
- Rapid and Simple: After you sauté the onion and garlic, simply put the whole thing within the sluggish cooker and switch it on. Like I mentioned–fast and simple!
- Comforting: I crave heat, comforting foods as the elements cools off. This tacky enchilada casserole tests the field!
Hen Enchilada Casserole Components
- Hen: Use one pound of boneless, skinless rooster thighs or breasts.
- Onion and Garlic: Chop part of a medium onion and two garlic cloves.
- Seasoning: Floor cumin, kosher salt
- Enchilada Sauce: I favor making home made enchilada sauce, however you’ll additionally purchase it on the grocery store.
- Bitter Cream: All you wish to have is 1 / 4 cup of bitter cream for a little bit creaminess.
- Corn Tortillas: Lower 4 tortillas into strips.
- Black Beans: Rinse and drain one can of low-sodium black beans.
- Cheese: Purchase a Mexican cheese mix, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella.
- Garnishes: Sliced jalapeños and chopped recent cilantro
- Not obligatory Toppings: Sliced avocado, cilantro lime rice, bitter cream or crema (Crema in most cases accommodates bitter cream, lime juice, and salt. I’ve recipes for roasted poblano crema and avocado crema if you need to take a look at one.)
Learn how to Make Hen Enchiladas in Sluggish Cooker
- Onion and Garlic: I at all times saute onions and garlic sooner than including to the sluggish cooker for the most efficient effects. Get started via heating the oil in a skillet over medium warmth. Upload the onion, garlic, cumin, and salt, and sauté whilst stirring till the onion has softened and browned.
- Put Components in Sluggish Cooker: Switch the cooked onions and garlic to the sluggish cooker and pour within the enchilada sauce, bitter cream, and 1 / 4 cup of water. Stir the whole thing to mix and fold within the beans till totally covered. Nestle the rooster into the sauce.
- Sluggish Prepare dinner: Duvet the crockpot and prepare dinner on prime for three to 4 hours or low for six to 7 hours, till the rooster is smooth and shreds simply. Shred the rooster proper within the pot with two forks.
- Tortillas and Cheese: Stir within the tortilla strips and best with cheese. Duvet the sluggish cooker and prepare dinner for roughly half-hour till the cheese has melted.
- Learn how to Serve: Spoon a cup of the enchilada casserole into your bowl and garnish with cilantro and jalapeños. You’ll be able to additionally serve it over rice with sliced avocado and extra bitter cream or crema.
- Sauce: Use salsa verde as a substitute of enchilada sauce, or purchase jarred enchilada sauce to save lots of time.
- Poultry: Change thighs for boneless rooster breasts or turkey breasts for a leaner possibility.
- Pork Enchilada Casserole: Replace chuck pork for rooster.
- Beans: Substitute black beans with pinto beans.
- Don’t like beans? Use canned corn.
- Tortillas: Transfer out corn tortillas with flour if you happen to favor.
- Time Saver: If you wish to serve this rooster enchilada casserole with rice however don’t have time to make it, microwave frozen white or brown rice.
What to Serve with this Hen Enchilada Casserole
This straightforward enchilada casserole makes nice leftovers, which is able to stay refrigerated for 4 days in an hermetic container. You’ll be able to additionally freeze it for as much as 3 months and reheat it within the microwave.
Extra Enchilada Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 cup
- 1 lb boneless skinless rooster thighs , or rooster breast
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil , or olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups home made enchilada sauce, or 16 ounce jarred
- 1/4 cup bitter cream, plus extra for serving
- 4 corn tortillas, minimize into strips
- 15 ounce can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and tired
- 4 oz shredded cheese, reminiscent of a Mexican cheese mix, Monterey Jack, or mozzarella (about 1 cup)
- sliced jalapeño peppers , and chopped recent cilantro, for topping
not obligatory for topping and serving:
Warmth the oil in a skillet over medium warmth. Upload the onion, garlic, cumin, and salt and prepare dinner, stirring, till the onion has softened and browned, about 5 mins.
Switch to the sluggish cooker and upload the enchilada sauce, bitter cream, and 1/4 cup water to the onion combination and stir to mix. Fold within the beans till totally covered.
Nestle the rooster in.
Duvet and prepare dinner on prime for roughly 3 to 4 hours or prime low for roughly 6 to 7, till rooster is smooth and cooked via. Shred the rooster within the pot with 2 forks.
Upload the tortilla strips and stir, then best with the cheese, quilt the sluggish cooker, and prepare dinner half-hour or till the cheese has melted.
As soon as the cheese is melted, garnish with cilantro, jalapenos, and not obligatory toppings.
Serve over rice if desired and best with not obligatory bitter cream, and avocado.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us know the way you loved this recipe! This is helping our trade to thrive and proceed offering unfastened, top quality recipes for you.
Refrigerated for 4 days in an hermetic container. You’ll be able to additionally freeze it for as much as 3 months and reheat it within the microwave.
Serving: 1 cup, Energy: 315 kcal, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Protein: 25.5 g, Fats: 12 g, Saturated Fats: 5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 92.5 mg, Sodium: 862 mg, Fiber: 7 g, Sugar: 3.5 g