Omit the store-bought stuff! This gradual cooker pumpkin puree is much higher. With only one component and about 2 mins of prep time, you’ll be in your solution to the smoothest, tastiest pumpkin puree ever.
I do know. I do know. It’s tremendous simple to run to the shop and clutch a can of pumpkin puree. However making your individual is such a lot higher. It’s tastier, inexpensive, and far more pleasurable. This recipe actually handiest takes 2 mins of prep time, and all you’ll want is a few sugar pumpkins. It’s the very best puree to make use of to your subsequent pie, stew, or fast bread.
Why I Love This Sluggish Cooker Pumpkin Puree
- One component. Yep, all you want is a pumpkin.
- Pockets-friendly. No longer handiest is do-it-yourself pumpkin puree tastier, however it’s additionally more uncomplicated in your pocketbook.
- Flexible. Candy or savory, there are such a lot of techniques to make use of this pumpkin puree. Make it the megastar of your subsequent pumpkin pie, pumpkin desserts, pumpkin stew, and many others.
What You’ll Want
- Pumpkins – I used sugar pumpkins, however you’ll want to use other forms as smartly.
What Pumpkins Are Best possible For Pumpkin Puree?
Sugar pumpkins (or pie pumpkins) are the most efficient right here. They’ve higher taste and texture than different types. It’s good to use one thing else for those who’d like, regardless that. I’ve attempted heirloom pumpkins and iciness squash they usually each end up splendidly. My handiest tip is to avoid the large ol’ carving pumpkins. They’re too watery and fibrous and don’t have as a lot taste.
Learn how to Make Pumpkin Puree within the Sluggish Cooker
Right here’s a handy guide a rough take a look at learn how to make pumpkin puree within the gradual cooker. For extra thorough directions, scroll to the recipe card under.
- Load the gradual cooker. Position a liner within the gradual cooker and organize the pumpkin wedges within the basin.
- Cook dinner. Duvet and cook dinner on low for 4 to six hours.
- Puree. Scoop the flesh off the surface and puree till clean, the use of a blender or a meals processor.
Pointers For Luck
- Select the suitable pumpkin. Sugar pumpkins are absolute best however you’ve were given different choices. Simply don’t use a carving pumpkin.
- Use a gradual cooker liner. Whilst you’ll be able to do with out, the use of a liner will make clean-up such a lot more uncomplicated.
- Measurement issues. Be sure you slice your pumpkins into equal-sized wedges. If they’re asymmetric, they gained’t all be carried out cooking on the identical time.
- Low and gradual. Don’t be tempted to show the gradual cooker as much as prime warmth to get the activity carried out quicker. You simply gained’t get the similar end result.
- Really feel it out. I prescribe 4-6 hours within the gradual cooker. Take a look at your pumpkin at 4 hours. If it’s no longer extraordinarily simple to pierce with a fork, let it opt for some other hour or two. It would take roughly time relying at the dimension of the pumpkin wedges.
Techniques to Use Pumpkin Puree
This pumpkin puree is flexible and you’ll be able to use it in candy and/or savory recipes. I like the use of it rather than store-bought puree to make pies, desserts, and fast breads, however it’s additionally nice to include into soups and stews and even pasta sauces.
Right kind Garage
As soon as the pumpkin puree has cooled utterly, seal it in an hermetic container, ziplock freezer luggage, or wide-mouth canned jars. It’s going to stay within the refrigerator for as much as 10 days or within the freezer for as much as 3 months. For those who do make a selection to freeze it, I like to recommend thawing it in a colander sooner than the use of it. This may increasingly permit any extra water to empty out.
Extra Pumpkin Recipes
Duvet the gradual cooker with a liner.
Scoop out the seeds and organize the pumpkin wedges throughout the gradual cooker.
Duvet with the lid and cook dinner on Low for 4 to six hours or till the flesh of the pumpkin may be very soft.
Scoop the flesh off the surface and switch the flesh to a meals processor or blender. Discard the skins.
Mix the pumpkin till clean or to a desired consistency.
Spoon the pureed pumpkin into Ziploc freezer luggage or wide-mouth canning jars.
Pumpkin puree may also be frozen for three months or refrigerated for 8 to ten days.
Serving: 1 cup | Energy: 83 kcal | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Protein: 3 g | Fats: 1 g | Saturated Fats: 0.4 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.04 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.1 g | Sodium: 12 mg | Potassium: 505 mg | Fiber: 7 g | Sugar: 8 g | Diet A: 38129 IU | Diet C: 10 mg | Calcium: 64 mg | Iron: 3 mg
Dietary information is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values would possibly range in line with the elements and gear used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed information.