This spinach tortellini soup with a wealthy tomato base is a heartwarming 30-minute dinner. It’s very best by itself or for dipping in a crispy grilled cheese!
Why We Love This Soup Recipe
This simple spinach tortellini soup with hints of garlic is a snappy, hearty resolution on your weeknight dinners.
- Handy. There’s canned tomatoes, store-bought sauce, and frozen tortellini for all of the taste with none fuss.
- Nice for cold nights. Everybody loves a selfmade bowl of soup on cold nights.
- Hearty. It’s filled with spinach, tortellini, and a wealthy tomato base for a heat, comforting dinner.
- Fast. This hassle-free recipe most effective takes half-hour to make!
What You’ll Want
Diced tomatoes and seasoned tomato sauce upload two layers of herbal sweetness and umami. Scroll to the recipe card on the backside of the submit for precise measurements.
- Olive oil – Be happy to make use of coconut or avocado oil as a substitute.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter is ok.
- Yellow onion – White onion is a superb switch.
- Garlic – Recent garlic is absolute best, however garlic powder works too.
- Canned diced tomatoes – I take advantage of the flavored ones with Italian seasoning or garlic and oregano.
- Tomato sauce – Pass forward and use your favourite.
- Vegetable broth – Rooster broth is a smart switch.
- Frozen tortellini – You’ll be able to additionally use refrigerated tortellini.
- Spinach – Child spinach or common, chopped spinach paintings for this.
- Salt and pepper – I desire salt and freshly-cracked pepper.
Find out how to Make Spinach Tomato Tortellini Soup
This soup isn’t just scrumptious but in addition fast and actual simple to organize, making it an excellent selection for busy days or perhaps a enjoyable weekend deal with.
- Cook dinner the onions. Upload the olive oil and butter to a big pot over medium warmth. Stir within the onions and prepare dinner them till aromatic. Upload the garlic and prepare dinner the entirety for any other 30 seconds.
- Upload the tomatoes. Building up the warmth to medium-high. Stir within the canned tomatoes and tomato sauce. Carry the mix to a boil.
- Upload broth and tortellini. Pour within the broth and produce it again to a boil. Upload the frozen cheese tortellini and child spinach.
- Simmer it. Season the soup with salt and pepper to style. Cook dinner over medium-high warmth, stirring once in a while, for 10 mins or till the tortellini is soft and the soup is heated via.
- Serve. Take away the pot from the warmth. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve straight away. Revel in!
Pointers & Diversifications
Make this tortellini soup further hearty with shredded hen, sauteed veggies, and freshly-grated parmesan.
- Change the tortellini. Trade issues up with a hen tortellini filling or a ricotta-spinach one. You’ll be able to even upload ravioli if that’s what you’ve were given readily available.
- Make it highly spiced. Upload pink pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, or chili oil for a kick of warmth.
- Use store-bought or selfmade soup. Select your favourite low-sodium canned tomato soup and use it as a base. You’ll be able to additionally use my Roasted Tomato Soup leftovers.
- Make it creamy. Stir about 1/2 cup to at least one cup of heavy cream into the soup for creamy, wealthy goodness.
- Upload protein. Combine in shredded rotisserie hen, diced hen/turkey, or floor Italian sausage to make this recipe further hearty.
- Use leftovers. Including diced carrots, peas, sauteed mushrooms, and bell peppers could make each and every chunk extra filling.
- Upload cheese. Best each and every bowl with parmesan cheese or burrata for added Italian aptitude.
This comforting tortellini soup is a smart dinner choice. My favourite strategy to revel in it’s with a crispy grilled cheese sandwich. You’ll be able to additionally serve it with hen, turkey, red meat, or pork mains. Check out my Juicy Turkey Breast, Filled Flank Steak, or those Baked Rooster Breasts. This L. a. Scala Chopped Salad is a superb veggie aspect to finish the meal.
Find out how to Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
- Refrigerator: Retailer it in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.
- Freezer: All the time preserving a few of this soup within the freezer is perfect for lazy weeknights. Pour it into freezer-friendly packing containers or luggage in serving-size parts. Freeze for as much as 3 months. Thaw it in a single day within the refrigerator and reheat it as same old.
- To reheat it: Microwave it in 30-second increments till heat. You’ll be able to additionally warmth it in a pot over medium warmth for 8-10 mins, stirring once in a while. Should you’re reheating it directly from frozen, duvet the pot and let it prepare dinner for 20-25 mins.
Extra Comfy Soup Recipes To Take a look at
Mix olive oil and butter in a big soup pot or Dutch oven; set it over medium warmth and prepare dinner till the butter is melted.
Upload onions; prepare dinner for three to 4 mins or till translucent. Upload garlic and proceed to prepare dinner for 20 seconds or till aromatic.
Building up warmth to medium-high and stir within the canned diced tomatoes and the tomato sauce; carry to a boil.
Upload vegetable broth and produce to a boil. Stir within the frozen tortellini and child spinach.
Season with salt and pepper and proceed to prepare dinner over medium-high warmth, stirring once in a while, for 10 mins, or till tortellini is soft and soup is heated via.
Take away from warmth and let stand 5 mins.
Style for salt and pepper and modify accordingly.
Ladle into soup bowls and serve.
- Take a look at other tortellini fillings like cheese or hen tortellini, ricotta-spinach, and even ravioli.
- For a creamy twist, combine in 1/2 to at least one cup of heavy cream.
- Combine in cooked shredded hen or floor Italian sausage.
- Upload extra veggies like diced carrots, peas, sautéed mushrooms, and bell peppers.
- This soup assists in keeping for five days within the refrigerator or 3 months within the freezer.
Energy: 252 kcal | Carbohydrates: 34 g | Protein: 12 g | Fats: 9 g | Saturated Fats: 3 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 3 g | Trans Fats: 0.1 g | Ldl cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 1024 mg | Potassium: 881 mg | Fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 9 g | Nutrition A: 4142 IU | Nutrition C: 29 mg | Calcium: 175 mg | Iron: 4 mg
Dietary data is an estimate and supplied as courtesy. Values might range in line with the components and gear used. Please use your most well-liked dietary calculator for extra detailed data.