First, let me proportion that those wonderful nut unfastened granola bars have been impressed by means of YOU! Sure, the stunning, unswerving, improbable AK readers available in the market. Virtually 8 years in the past I despatched out one in all my annual readers’ surveys and whilst scrolling via your feedback, I spotted that a lot of you had allergic reactions to nuts otherwise you have been baking for little ones who couldn’t have nut-containing pieces of their lunchboxes.
Smartly be ready…you don’t have to hunt out any longer store-bought granola bars as a result of those are the actual deal. Chewy, somewhat crunchy, gluten unfastened & full of fruit, nutritious seeds, and full grains. Those nut unfastened granola bars are about to develop into your (or your toddler’s) favourite snack.
At some point when I used to be strollin’ during the grocery shop I remembered that I had sunflower seed butter leftover from after I made my allergic reaction pleasant chocolate zucchini bread (so excellent!). With the reader’s survey in thoughts, my mind went on an artistic undertaking to make the most efficient nut unfastened granola bars ever.
The nut unfastened granola bars of your desires
But even so being completely scrumptious, those nut unfastened granola bars shall be your new favs as a result of they’re:
- In reality superfood bars: made with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax, chia, quinoa and oats! It’s the easiest power bar!
- Allergic reaction pleasant: simply you should definitely are the usage of gluten-free oats and vegan chocolate if you’re making it for any person with an allergic reaction.
- Comfortable and chewy: with a little bit trace of crunch from the quinoa & seeds.
- Principally no bake: all you need to do is toast the quinoa, oats & seeds.
The whole thing you’ll want to make those nut unfastened granola bars
As I discussed, those quinoa granola bars are full of superfood elements you’ll be able to be ok with. Right here’s the whole lot you’ll want:
- Oats: the core of those bars is comprised of gluten unfastened rolled oats for the easiest chewy texture.
- Quinoa: for a spice up of protein and fiber you’ll additionally want quinoa.
- Seeds: we’re packing within the protein, omega-3s, and vitamins with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and flaxseed meal.
- Sunflower seed butter: as an alternative of the usage of conventional nut butter on this recipe, I’m protecting it nut unfastened by means of the usage of herbal, creamy sunflower seed butter!
- Sweetener: those bars are naturally sweetened with a little bit honey, and get additional taste from vanilla extract and floor cinnamon.
- Additional mix-ins: you’ll even be including chopped dried black undertaking figs for an exquisite, chewy texture and wonder.
- For topping: that is not obligatory, however I really like melting chocolate chips to drizzle on most sensible of the bars. SO GOOD.
Customise your bars
There are heaps of simple techniques to make those nut unfastened granola bars your personal. Right here’s what I will be able to counsel:
- Change the seed butter: when you’re no longer nut unfastened you’ll be able to switch the sunflower seed butter in your favourite herbal nut butter.
- For the seeds: when you simplest have a few sorts of seeds, be at liberty to make use of extra of 1 than any other (i.e. extra pumpkin seeds than sunflower seeds, and so forth.)
- To stay vegan: switch the honey for coconut palm syrup and consider to make use of dairy unfastened chocolate chips for the topping.
- Make a choice your dried fruit: raisins, dried blueberries, or dried cranberries could be an ideal switch for the figs.
Simple nut unfastened granola bars in 5 easy steps
- Toast the dry elements. Get started by means of including the oats, quinoa, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds to a big baking sheet and toasting them within the oven.
- Warmth the rainy elements. Whilst the oats and seeds are toasting, warmth the sunflower seed butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt in a saucepan and blend till easy.
- Combine the bars. Let the sunflower seed butter aggregate cool, then pour it right into a bowl with the toasted quinoa, oats, and seeds. Stir them in combination, then fold within the flaxseed meal, dried figs, and chia seeds.
- Form the bars. Pour the combination into an 9×5 or 8×4 inch loaf pan coated with parchment paper, unfold it out frivolously, and press the combination down.
- Best & freeze. Soften your chocolate chips and drizzle the chocolate over the bars, then position within the freezer till the chocolate has solidified. Slice, and experience!
- To shop: shop those nut unfastened quinoa granola bars in an hermetic container or a Stasher Bag within the refrigerator for as much as 1 week.
- To freeze: be at liberty to stay those bars in a freezer-safe bag to your freezer for as much as 1 month. In the event you do stay them to your freezer, make sure to go away them out at the counter for a couple of mins earlier than serving in order that they melt up a little.
Extra no bake snacks
Get all of my no bake snacks right here!
If you are making those no bake nut unfastened granola bars make sure to go away a remark and a ranking so I know the way you loved them!
Toasted Quinoa, Dried Fig & Darkish Chocolate Nut Unfastened Granola Bars
Fantastic superfood nut unfastened granola bars made with toasted quinoa, oats, dried figs, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed and chia. Those simple nut unfastened granola bars are full of fiber, protein, and omega-3s, and are naturally sweetened for the easiest simple snack!
- ½ cup old school rolled oats (gluten unfastened, if desired)
- ⅓ cup raw quinoa
- ¼ cup uncooked sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup uncooked pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup natural or selfmade sunflower butter
- ⅓ cup honey (or coconut palm syrup if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup black undertaking dried figs, coarsely chopped
- For the chocolate drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons darkish chocolate chips (vegan, if desired)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Preheat oven to 325 levels F. Upload oats, quinoa, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds to a big baking sheet and unfold round frivolously. As soon as oven is preheated, toast the oats, quinoa, and seeds for 8-10 mins. As soon as completed toasting, pour oats, quinoa, and seeds right into a medium bowl and put aside.
Whilst quinoa, oats, and seeds are toasting, upload sunflower butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt to medium saucepan over low warmth. Stir each so incessantly till the combination is easy and creamy.
Take away from warmth and make allowance to chill for a couple of mins, then upload to the bowl with the oats and quinoa. Stir neatly to include. Fold in flaxseed meal, dried figs and chia seeds.
Line an 8×4 or 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper; pour aggregate in and unfold out frivolously, then press aggregate down within the pan very firmly.
Subsequent soften chocolate chips with coconut oil for 20 seconds within the microwave or over low warmth in a saucepan at the range most sensible. Drizzle over bars. Position pan in freezer for 20-Half-hour or till chocolate has hardened. Take away bars from pan and lower into 10 bars. Retailer bars within the refrigerator. Revel in!
As a substitute of dried figs, take a look at any other dried culmination comparable to cranberries or blueberries.
You’ll skip the chocolate drizzle if you wish to have, however who does not love a little bit darkish chocolate? Severely.
Serving: 1barEnergy: 223calCarbohydrates: 28.6gProtein: 6.4gFats: 10.7gSaturated Fats: 1.3gFiber: 5.1gSugar: 12.7g
This put up used to be firstly revealed on September fifteenth, 2016, and republished on January twenty third, 2024.