If you recognize me, you recognize I’m a biiiig fan of flavorful, fascinating, and FUN sandwiches. Actually, the entire AK crew just about does backflips over sandwiches. Have you ever looked at our information for the very best sandwiches in Chicago? They’re a must-try for those who’re within the town.
However let’s get again to do-it-yourself sandwiches. Ones you’ll construct with each and every distinctive topping you’ll to find to your refrigerator or pantry. Ones like this final highly spiced cheddar apple sandwich with pickled jalapeños (sure) and kettle chips (OMG sure).
This sandwich is the easiest combo of candy, savory, highly spiced, crunchy, and veggie-packed. It’s the whole thing I craved all over my newest being pregnant with child Lachlan, and am nonetheless yearning even simply 6 days postpartum. Even though this gorgeous sandwich is vegetarian, it nonetheless packs 15g of protein and can stay you complete and glad after lunch! After all, I incorporated heaps of straightforward tactics to customise this apple cheese sandwich, together with including additional protein. Pile it prime and take into account to go away a remark after you do that wonderful combo!
Components in the easiest cheddar apple sandwich
We’re taking an ordinary apple cheese sandwich and dressing it up with recent greens, candy & highly spiced toppings, and naturally, potato chips for that impossible to resist crunch. Right here’s the whole thing you’ll want to make it:
- Bread: I like excellent toasty sourdough bread, however be at liberty to make use of any bread you’d like for this sandwich!
- Produce: we’re piling this sandwich prime with sliced purple onion, Honeycrisp apple, and zippy arugula.
- Pickled jalapeños: the kick of warmth from pickled jalapeños is solely *cooks kiss*.
- Sauce: I really like so as to add sweetness and tang from honey and grainy dijon mustard.
- Cheese: can’t put out of your mind that sharp cheddar cheese for scrumptious savory taste.
- Kettle chips: who doesn’t love chips on their sandwich?! I like including kettle potato chips for without equal crunch and salty chunk.
Customise your sandwich
You’ll be able to actually make this cheddar apple sandwich your individual with components you have got available. Listed here are some nice tactics to customise it:
- For the bread: as I discussed, be at liberty to make use of your favourite bread to make the sandwich. Stay it gluten unfastened with a gluten unfastened loaf, or be at liberty to wrap all of it up to your favourite tortilla or collard wrap!
- For the cheese: that is technically an apple cheddar sandwich, however you’ll use any cheese you’d like. I believe pepper jack would upload the easiest additional kick.
- For the chips: have a laugh including to your favourite chips! I opted for normal kettle potato chips as a result of the entire flavors happening within the sandwich, however cheddar Solar Chips or a highly spiced potato chip could be scrumptious.
- For the sauce: now not a mustard fan? Switch in some mayo (possibly a chipotle mayo?!) as a substitute! You should additionally use sizzling honey for extra warmth.
- For the produce: spinach could be a super switch for arugula, and I believe creamy avocado would make a phenomenal addition. You’ll be able to, after all, use any form of apple you’d like in this sandwich!
A very easy vegan choice
Be at liberty to make use of your favourite vegan cheese slice or just depart the cheese off of the sandwich. It is going to nonetheless be scrumptious!
Now not keen on spice?
No worries! Merely forget the pickled jalapeños. This could make the cheese and apple sandwich kid-friendly, too!
Upload your fav proteins
You’ll be able to completely build up protein or burn up some additional meat out of your refrigerator for those who’d like! Be at liberty so as to add a couple of slices of your favourite meat like honey or maple ham/turkey (or leftover pulled turkey or hen!)
I believe crispy bacon would even be a scrumptious addition.
Bonus: the most productive DIY sandwich bread
Feeling adventurous? Check out my do-it-yourself seedy sandwich bread recipe for and further scrumptious baking challenge! It toasts up superbly and holds up neatly to all of those wonderful toppings.
The most productive apple cheese sandwich in 4 steps
- Toast your bread. I like to recommend broiling your bread within the oven for a few mins till it’s great and golden brown.
- Soften the cheese. Turn the bread slices over, upload your cheese to 1 slice, and broil once more for 1-2 mins till the cheese is melted.
- Bring together the sandwich. Subsequent, best the cheese facet with the pickled jalapeños, and upload the mustard & honey to the opposite slice of bread. Then best with the remainder of your sandwich components.
- Press, slice & consume. Moderately shut the sandwich and press down reasonably to crunch the chips. Then slice and revel in!
Extra sandwiches & wraps you’ll love
I’m hoping you like this highly spiced cheddar apple sandwich! If you are making it you’ll want to depart a remark and a ranking so I know the way you really liked it. Revel in, xo!
The Final Highly spiced Cheddar & Apple Fall Veggie Sandwich
The ULTIMATE highly spiced cheddar apple sandwich full of vibrant veggies and trace of crunch from kettle potato chips. This excellent fall veggie sandwich is full of taste and a kick of warmth from pickled jalapeños. The very best pleasurable lunch to make all over the week that is simple to customise together with your fav sandwich toppings!
- 2 slices of sourdough bread (or your favourite bread!)
- 1-2 oz. sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 10 slices pickled jalapeños
- 5-6 skinny slices of purple onion
- ¼ honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup kettle potato chips
- ¼ cup arugula
Position each slices of bread on a small baking sheet and broil on prime within the oven for 1-2 mins, or till evenly browned. (Watch in moderation so it doesn’t burn!)
Take away the baking sheet from the oven and switch the sliced bread over. Quilt just one piece of bread with sliced cheddar cheese, then go back the pan to the broiler for any other 1-2 mins, or till the cheese is melted.
Take away the pan from the oven and best the melted cheese slice with pickled jalapeños. Unfold the obvious slice of bread with dijon mustard, then drizzle on honey. Best with apple slices, purple onion, arugula, and kettle chips.
Moderately shut the sandwich and gently press down till the chips crunch. Slice in part and revel in!
See the total publish for extra scrumptious tactics to customise your sandwich!
Serving: 1sandwichEnergy: 446calCarbohydrates: 54.2gProtein: 16.1gFats: 18.4gSaturated Fats: 6.4gFiber: 4.8gSugar: 14.5g
Recipe by means of: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by means of: Consume Love Eats