This high-protein pumpkin cheesecake is a scrumptious fall deal with that packs a excessive protein punch. We substituted cottage cheese for cream cheese in our cheesecake for a more fit choice that (dare we are saying) is even higher in style in comparison to conventional cheesecake?! Plus, it has a brown sugar swiss meringue. I imply, come on.
The cottage cheese craze is right here to stick and we’re so excited to introduce you to this high-protein pumpkin cheesecake recipe as a result of, sure, it’s made with cottage cheese (no cream cheese concerned!) and has 12g protein/serving.
Along with cottage cheese, it’s made with vintage cheesecake components and a fundamental graham cracker crust. We examined this recipe a handful of occasions and located a couple of vital steps you don’t wish to pass over:
- Remember to absolutely whip the cottage cheese to insure no lumps.
- Bake the cheesecake in a water bathtub in order that it steams and bakes lightly. We discovered that in case you skip this step, your cheesecake will most likely crack.
- Let the cheesecake absolutely sit back and set prior to cutting. Should you don’t let it set, the cheesecake might be too heat to slice.
What You Want for Cottage Cheese Pumpkin Cheesecake?
- Graham cracker sheets: a vintage cheesecake crust that is going excellently with the pumpkin taste.
- Cottage cheese: the name of the game component of this recipe, cottage cheese makes this cheesecake high-protein and tremendous wealthy and creamy.
- Unsweetened pumpkin puree: we used actual pumpkin to offer this cheesecake that original pumpkin taste.
- Maple syrup: maple syrup and pumpkin pass hand in hand. Fall flavors unite!
- Pumpkin pie spice: pumpkin pie spice takes the pumpkin flavors to an entire new degree.
Kitchen Equipment Wanted
- 9-inch spring type pan: you should definitely have the proper sized pan for even cooking. We additionally examined this in a regular 9-inch round pan and it’s for sure vital you utilize a spring-form in order that it eliminates out of the pan simply.
- Top-speed meals processor: this may make certain that your graham cracker crust and cheesecake filling have the easiest texture.
- Stand mixer: you’ll want a stand mixer to make your brown sugar swiss meringue.
- Kitchen torch: that is completely non-compulsory, however it provides the easiest completion to the presentation of your cheesecake.
Diversifications and Substitutions
Graham crackers: Transfer up the flavour profile of your pumpkin cheesecake crust and use Oreos, shortbread cookies, Nilla wafers, or Biscoff cookies.
Cottage cheese: Cream cheese and ricotta cheese are nice substitutes for cottage cheese. Simply observe that the style and texture will fluctuate fairly.
Maple syrup: Honey is some other nice herbal sweetener you’ll be able to use for this recipe that tastes scrumptious with pumpkin!
All-purpose flour: You’re welcome to make use of different kinds of flour like almond flour, rice flour, or coconut flour.
What’s the distinction between cream cheese and cottage cheese in cheesecake?
Cottage cheese and cream cheese are each produced from milk and feature a an identical texture, however there are some key variations that set them aside.
As an example, cream cheese is upper in fats content material in comparison to cottage cheese, whilst cottage cheese is upper in protein.
In relation to style, cream cheese and cottage cheese each have a light and fairly tangy taste and are each regarded as nice choices when making cheesecake.
Garage + Freezer Instructions
Retailer any leftover pumpkin cheesecake in an hermetic container within the refrigerator for 4 to five days.
To freeze, position the cheesecake in a freezer-safe, hermetic container or bag and shop within the freezer for two to three months.
Learn how to Most sensible Your Pumpkin Cheesecake
We liked serving this with a do-it-yourself brown sugar meringue as it’s distinctive and completely enhances this cheesecake.
Should you’re brief on time, you must all the time simply most sensible the sliced items with do-it-yourself whipped cream or store-bought whipped cream.
Should you’re no longer right into a whipped topping, serving this a l. a. mode could also be a super concept!
Top-Protein Pumpkin Cheesecake
Switch the cream cheese for cottage cheese for a high-protein tackle pumpkin cheesecake! You’ll be able to love the entire vintage flavors (together with a graham cracker crust) and a meringue topping.
Prep:6 hours 30 mins
Cook dinner:1 hour
Overall:7 hours 30 mins
- 9 graham cracker sheets
- ½ teaspoon flooring cardamom
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Brown Sugar Swiss Meringue
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray a 9-inch spring type pan with cooking spray.
Get ready the crust. Position the entire components for the crust into the meals processor and procedure till it becomes crumbs.
Pour the crumbs into the pie crust and press the crumbs firmly into the ground of the pan in addition to up the perimeters.
Bake for 7 mins. Take away and put aside to chill.
Get ready the pumpkin cheesecake filling. Procedure the cottage cheese in a high-speed meals processor for 4-5 mins till totally clean and frothy.
Upload the pumpkin, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and flour and procedure till blended. Upload the eggs and blend once more till the eggs are included. Watch out to not overmix the batter when the eggs are added.
Position the crust on a baking sheet with an edge. Sparsely pour the pumpkin filling into the cooled crust.
Switch the baking sheet into the oven after which pour water onto the baking sheet in order that the pie dish is ready ¾ of the best way within the water. Bake for 60 mins or till the pumpkin filling is jiggly.
Open the oven and switch off the warmth. Let the cheesecake cool within the oven for 20 mins prior to putting off it from the oven.
Let the cheesecake cool totally prior to storing it within the fridge to set for no less than 6 hours or in a single day.
Proper prior to serving the cheesecake, get ready the Swiss meringue.
Position the egg whites and brown sugar into a pitcher bowl and stir to mix.
Convey a saucepan with 2-3 inches of water to a simmer. Position the bowl with the egg and sugar on most sensible of the saucepan. It can be crucial that the water isn’t touching the bowl.
Stirring frequently, dissolve the brown sugar into the egg whites. This must take about 3 mins. Check to peer if the brown sugar is dissolved via dipping a finger into the egg whites and rubbing it between two hands. You must no longer really feel any sugar.
Take away the bowl from the saucepan and switch the egg whites into the bowl of the stand mixer. Upload the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Combine on low for 1 minute. Then build up the rate to medium till stiff peaks type. About 3-4 mins.
Switch the meringue to the highest of the cheesecake leaving a ½-inch border at the outdoor.
As soon as the meringue has been added to the cheesecake, frivolously toast the highest of the meringue with a kitchen torch.
Take away from springform pan and serve.
Guidelines & Notes
- Water bathtub: make sure that to not skip this phase as it is going to save you cracks at the most sensible of your cheesecake.
- Remember to procedure the cottage cheese till there are not any lumps.
Energy: 333kcal Carbohydrates: 48g Protein: 12g Fats: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 35g