Does someone else agree that pears are one of the crucial underrated end result available in the market? SO JUICY, SO SWEET. SO FABULOUS. Any person else take into account my fabulous juicy pear crisp? YUM.
Anyway, I used to consume pears always as a child; now I to find myself purchasing them for my kiddos, who love them simply as a lot. Unfortunately, they ripen temporarily so I’ve to search out techniques to experience them ahead of they flip to mush.
As soon as once more, a few years again, I confronted this catch 22 situation on a wild Friday night time in. I noticed ripe pears sitting on my counter and figured I’d throw them in a easy, but fabulous oatmeal bake that all the circle of relatives may just eat the following day. Wow, simply wow — it became out insanely just right. A touch of brown butter caramel taste, plenty of vanilla, and juicy candy pears in each and every chunk.
This brown butter pear baked oatmeal is straightforward to make and really the very best breakfast or brunch! Serve it up for Thanksgiving breakfast — you’ll want the gas for all of that cooking and I promise you’re going to find it irresistible!
What you’ll want to make this pear baked oatmeal
This straightforward pear baked oatmeal is extremely easy to make and makes use of plenty of pantry staples for a fast breakfast. Plus, you’ll get the coziest flavors from juicy pears, cinnamon, caramel-like brown butter and vanilla. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Butter: you’ll want some butter, after all, to make that wealthy brown butter for the oatmeal. We’re simplest the usage of 1/4 cup within the recipe to offer it that caramel-like taste and stay it further wet.
- Eggs: this baked oatmeal recipe makes use of 2 eggs. I haven’t attempted with flax eggs, however let me know in the event you do.
- Sweetener: we’re the usage of just a little natural maple syrup, vanilla & cinnamon to offer it that deliciously candy vanilla taste.
- Milk: I really like to make use of unsweetened almond milk on this recipe, however you’ll be able to use any milk you’d like. Coconut milk could be fabulous!
- Oats: as it’s baked oatmeal, after all! Please you should definitely use old-fashioned rolled oats, now not metal lower or fast oats, on this recipe.
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want some baking powder & salt.
- Pears: the juicy pears really make this baked oatmeal particular. I really like Bartlett pears for the most efficient texture.
- Non-compulsory: I really like including diced walnuts or pecans for just a little crunch, too!
How you can inform when a pear is ripe
It may be tricky to inform when a pear is completely ripe, however listed below are my easiest guidelines: observe a relatively force to the fruit, close to the stem. Whether it is relatively cushy, then it’s easiest for consuming or the usage of in a recipe. I don’t counsel consuming or the usage of in recipes if the pear continues to be onerous. All the time retailer your pears at the counter (or at room temperature!).
Will have to I peel the pears ahead of including them?
Little need! You’ll be able to slice the pears as-is, on the other hand, be happy to peel them first in the event you choose them that manner.
How you can brown butter
The brown butter provides such an improbable taste to this oatmeal bake and is more uncomplicated to make than you assume! Get all of my guidelines and tips for browning butter in this put up and get able so as to add it to actually the whole thing.
Non-compulsory factor swaps
- To stay this baked oatmeal dairy unfastened: you’ll be able to use vegan butter or melted coconut oil as a substitute of actual butter. Then again, don’t check out browning both of the ones choices, as it is going to now not paintings.
- To make gluten unfastened: you should definitely use gluten unfastened rolled oats in the event you’d love to make this recipe gluten unfastened.
- Don’t have pears available? As a substitute of pears, apples would even be a scrumptious possibility. I at all times opt for Honeycrisp as they’re great, candy and juicy!
Can I make this pear oatmeal bake vegan?
I haven’t examined a vegan model of this pear oatmeal bake however you’ll be able to check out the usage of a flax egg or two! I feel it will have to paintings neatly, however please let me know within the feedback.
You’ll want to additionally use melted coconut oil or vegan butter as a substitute of normal butter.
Glorious pear baked oatmeal in 5 easy steps
- Prep your pan. Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350 levels F.
- Brown that butter. Similar to within the directions above!
- Combine the rainy. Upload the entire rainy elements to a big bowl and blend neatly.
- Upload the dry. Then combine in the entire dry elements, stirring within the pears and brown butter final.
- Bake & experience! Pour the pear baked oatmeal combination into your ready pan, best with nuts in the event you’d like, and bake till set! Minimize into 6 slices for breakfast.
How you can retailer & reheat baked oatmeal
- Within the refrigerator: ensure the pear baked oatmeal has totally cooled, after which quilt your 9×9 inch pan with tinfoil ahead of moving it to the fridge. It’ll keep just right lined within the fridge for 3-4 days, and you’ll be able to reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds. You’ll be able to additionally retailer particular person slices in hermetic packing containers for fast, on-the-go breakfasts.
- To freeze: as soon as the pear oatmeal bake has totally cooled, lower it into 6 squares and wrap each and every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. While you’re able to consume it, position the unwrapped frozen sq. of baked oatmeal on a microwave protected dish and microwave it at 30 2d durations for 1-2 mins. For those who’d love to freeze all the baked oatmeal for later, merely reheat it within the oven for 20-25 mins at 350 levels F whilst it’s lined with tinfoil.
Extra breakfast recipes you’ll love
Get all of my scrumptious breakfast recipes right here!
I am hoping you like this wonderful vanilla brown butter pear baked oatmeal recipe! If you’re making it you should definitely depart a remark & a ranking so I understand how you loved it. Revel in, xo.
Vanilla Brown Butter Pear Baked Oatmeal
Glorious vanilla brown butter pear baked oatmeal with hints of cinnamon and candy pears in each and every chunk. This straightforward pear oatmeal bake is full of warming flavors and makes the very best iciness breakfast or brunch!
- Rainy elements:
- ¼ cup butter*
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup natural maple syrup
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of selection)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Dry elements:
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 small to medium ripe bartlett pears, diced (about 1 ½ cups diced pears)
- ¼ cup finely diced walnuts (or sub pecans)
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Grease a 9×9 inch pan with oil or nonstick cooking spray and put aside.
*First, brown your butter: upload butter to a small saucepan and position over medium warmth. As soon as melted, the butter will start to crackle, after which sooner or later foam. This may increasingly take a couple of mins. Be sure you whisk continuously all over this procedure. After a few mins, the butter will start to brown and switch a pleasing golden amber colour at the backside of the saucepan. Proceed to whisk and take away from warmth as quickly because the butter starts to brown and provides off a nutty aroma. Put aside to chill for five mins.
In a big bowl, whisk in combination the eggs, natural maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract.
Upload the dry elements to the bowl with the rainy elements: oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Combine till blended, then stir in diced pears and in any case, the browned butter.
Pour combination into the ready pan and clean best. Sprinkle the highest with chopped walnuts, if the usage of. Bake for 35-45 mins or till the sides are relatively golden brown and middle is about. Take away from the oven, permit to chill for 10 mins, then lower into 6 slices and serve.
To make gluten unfastened: you should definitely use gluten unfastened rolled oats if you need to make this recipe gluten unfastened.
See the overall put up for guidelines, tips & freezing directions!
Serving: 1serving (according to 6)Energy: 293calCarbohydrates: 35.9gProtein: 6.6gFats: 15.3gSaturated Fats: 5.5gFiber: 5gSugar: 15.6g
Recipe through: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images through: Consume Love Eats
This put up was once initially revealed on February 3, 2021, republished on November 4, 2021, and republished on November 1st, 2023.