Whipped cottage cheese mashed potatoes pop out so fluffy and protein-packed all due to the particular addition of whipped cottage cheese!
Oh sure, we did! Whipped Cottage Cheese Mashed Potatoes NEED to be the mashed potatoes you serve at this yr’s Thanksgiving. They’re made in a similar fashion to vintage mashed potatoes with boiled Yukons, however we integrated whipped cottage cheese to cause them to additional fluffy and scrumptious.
Mashed potatoes are fingers down my favourite Thanksgiving aspect and my mother at all times made them with bitter cream. We took that very same concept however whipped up some cottage cheese instead of the bitter cream and the outcome used to be epic – clean, creamy, and protein-packed!
What You Wish to Make Cottage Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Yukon gold potatoes
- Cottage cheese
- Salt and pepper
Get our Most sensible 10 5-Big name Recipes!
Sign up for our electronic mail listing for brand spanking new recipes and BONUS: get our best 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes guide!
Substitues & Diversifications
Be happy to cook dinner your potatoes in any way you prefer. We like to boil them at the stovetop, however you’ll be able to additionally cook dinner them within the Fast Pot or bake the potatoes within the oven.
You’ll be able to use both butter or margarine, however we favor the style of butter perfect. Any form of milk works for this recipe, we examined this with commonplace cow’s milk and unsweetened almond milk and also you just about couldn’t inform a distinction.
How You mash your potatoes Issues
- Clean: for those who like your mashed potatoes great and clean, we advise the use of a hand mixer.
- Chunky: for those who like slightly of texture, use a vintage potato masher.
Whipped Cottage Cheese Mashed Potatoes FAQ
What potatoes are perfect for mashed potatoes?
We like Yukon gold potatoes for mashed potatoes, however russet and Idaho paintings too.
Do I’ve to whip the cottage cheese first?
We do suggest whipping your cottage cheese in a blender or meals processor first to verify it’s great and creamy. In the event you don’t, you’ll have cottage cheese lumps to your mashed potatoes!
Retailer leftover mashed potatoes in an hermetic container for as much as 3-5 days. We advise reheating within the microwave on prime for 60-90 seconds.
- 5 lb. Yukon gold potatoes rinsed and quartered
- 3 teaspoons sea salt separated
- 11 oz.. 2% cottage cheese ~1.5 cups
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup 2% milk or any more or less milk*
- ½ teaspoon flooring pepper
Not obligatory Garnish
- Recent parsley
- Recent chives
Pointers & Notes
- We favor Yukon gold potatoes for this recipe however pink potatoes or Idaho potatoes will paintings, too.
- You’ll be able to peel your potatoes sooner than boiling for those who don’t like the surface.
- Milk*: be happy so as to add extra milk till the potatoes have reached the specified consistency.
- Be happy so as to add extra salt to the potatoes if wanted.
Energy: 314kcal Carbohydrates: 52g Protein: 11g Fats: 8g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 4g