Let’s speak about this pretty wholesome granola recipe that I’m demise so that you can make at house! This recipe used to be impressed by way of a restaurant & bakery in Boston referred to as Sofra, which in order that occurs to make one in every of my favourite granola on this planet.
Sofra’s granola is studded with giant chunks of dates, golden raisins, flaxseeds and the easiest quantity of candy and salty taste. Each and every time I’m in Boston visiting my bestie Sarah, I make her (willingly) take me there to seize a bag, after which we sit down within the automobile, rip it open and devilishly shovel it into our mouths like two little women. It’s kinda our factor.
Since I’m now not in Boston that frequently, a couple of years in the past I determined to try to recreate my very own model of the granola at house. AND GUESS WHAT? It used to be a smashing good fortune! (Simply tooting my very own horn over right here NBD.)
Mainly, this wholesome granola recipe tastes like French toast and oats got here in combination and had a fantastic chunky child and I’m now not mad about it. IT IS EVERYTHING AND MORE that I may have ever dreamed of creating. Crunchy, chunky, nutritious, stuffed with cinnamon french toast taste and in order that dang simple!
What’s on this wholesome granola recipe?
This wholesome home made granola recipe is full of easy elements that stay it each vegan and gluten unfastened, provides wholesome fat like coconut oil, and is of course sweetened with natural maple syrup which makes it decrease in sugar than conventional granola that you just’d purchase on the shop. Making it at house is far inexpensive than store-bought granola, too, as a result of you’ll make heaps extra for nearly an identical quantity that it prices to shop for a pre-made bag. Right here’s what’s on this home made granola:
- Oats: we’re the use of each gluten unfastened rolled oats and gluten unfastened oat flour on this recipe, that are a very good supply of wholesome complicated carbs, which assist your frame create power to burn.
- Flaxseed meal: flaxseed meal is a wonderful supply of omega-3 fatty acids. Test it out on this wholesome granola for an additional spice up of fiber!
- Nuts: my favourite nuts in granola recipes are at all times the pecans, cashews, and almonds in order that’s what I make a selection to make use of on this recipe! The sliced almonds are my non-public favourite as a result of they get all golden, crunchy, and toasted when baked up.
- Coconut oil: coconut oil provides further taste and wholesome fat whilst coating the granola and serving to all the flavors stick. If you wish to use one thing else, I recommend melted vegan butter.
- Natural maple syrup: YUM! Maple syrup is the easiest sweetener for this granola and makes your own home odor heavenly. It additionally keeps the granola vegan (versus the use of honey).
- Cinnamon: flooring cinnamon offers this granola a candy taste that’s paying homage to French toast when combined with natural maple syrup!
- Vanilla extract: vanilla in the whole thing, please. Discover ways to make your personal right here!
- Dried fruit: you’re going to like the large chunks of candy chewy dates and plump golden raisins on this recipe, I promise.
Customise your granola recipe
This simple granola recipe is excellent for customizing to in point of fact make it your personal! Right here’s what I will recommend:
- Make a selection your nuts (or seeds). As I discussed, I really like the use of pecans, cashews, and sliced almonds, however you’ll in reality use any nuts you’d like. I believe walnuts or pistachios would even be scrumptious. Be happy to combine in seeds, too, like sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds!
- Check out new dried end result. Raisins, dried cranberries, cherries, or blueberries would all be scrumptious.
- Change the coconut oil. In case you’re out of coconut oil you’ll additionally use melted butter.
Make your personal oat flour
You’ll be able to simply make your personal gluten unfastened oat flour by way of merely putting oats right into a blender and mixing/pulsing till they’re easy and resemble flour! It’s this kind of affordable, simple choice. Discover ways to do it right here!
Pointers for making wholesome granola
- Get it great and covered. You should definitely coat all the granola aggregate with the coconut oil and maple syrup in order that each and every chunk is completely crunchy and candy.
- Create chunks together with your arms. As soon as the granola is for your baking sheet coated with parchment paper, use your arms to create small clumps sooner than you bake.
- Bake granola at a low temperature. That is to forestall burning however to additionally in reality get that great golden taste and texture. I bake my granola at 300 levels F.
- Take a look at the colour. The will have to glance reasonably golden brown when it comes out of the oven. It will not be crunchy to touch however know that the granola will get crunchier because it sits to chill. Believe me, it’s going to be best!
- Let it cool. Don’t stir granola when it comes out of the oven if you need it to be chunky give it time to clump in combination and solidify because it cools to room temperature.
- Upload dried fruit ultimate. For the reason that fruit is already dried, you don’t want to bake it! You’ll upload it as soon as the granola cools off a little bit.
Techniques to consume this home made wholesome granola
But even so scooping it by way of the handful and sneaking little bites right here and there, do this chunky wholesome granola:
- On most sensible of smoothie bowls
- Layered into yogurt parfaits
- In a bowl with a little bit of almond milk
- In a grab-and-go container
The choices are in point of fact never-ending!
Methods to shop home made granola
You’ll be able to shop this wholesome granola in a mason jar or an hermetic container for as much as a month or two (agree with me, it’s now not going to ultimate that lengthy!).
See find out how to make this home made wholesome granola
Fitter snacks you’ll love
Get all of my snack recipes right here!
I’m hoping you’re keen on this wholesome granola recipe, please let me know if you are making it by way of leaving a remark and score the recipe beneath. I’d love to listen to from you and it is helping inspire others to make the recipe too! xo.
Do-it-yourself Tremendous Chunky Wholesome Granola (vegan & gluten unfastened!)
Simple home made crunchy & chunky wholesome granola made with a scrumptious mixture of oats, coconut oil, flaxseed meal, sesame seeds, pecans, cashews, sliced almonds, vanilla, cinnamon, dates and golden raisins. This vegan and gluten unfastened granola recipe is of course sweetened with natural maple syrup and makes the easiest snack or at the pass breakfast!
- Dry elements:
- 2 cups old skool rolled oats, gluten unfastened
- ½ cup oat flour, gluten unfastened if desired
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- ¾ cup sliced uncooked almonds
- ¾ cup uncooked pecans halves
- ¾ cup uncooked cashews
- 2 teaspoons flooring cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Rainy elements:
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup natural maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup packed pitted Medjool dates, chopped
- ½ cup golden raisins
Preheat oven to 300 levels F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, whisk in combination oats, oat flour, flaxseed meal, sesame seeds, almonds, pecans, cashews cinnamon and salt.
Upload coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a small saucepan and position over low warmth, stirring steadily till coconut oil is totally melted. Pour over dry elements and blend neatly till oats are totally covered. Occasionally I to find it essential to make use of my arms.
Subsequent unfold the granola frivolously within the baking pan and bake for 20 mins.
After 20 mins stir granola, and bake 15-20 mins longer or till granola is simply reasonably golden brown. Take away from the oven and make allowance the granola to chill totally at the baking sheet in order that little clumps keep intact.
As soon as cooled, stir in chopped dates and raisins. Switch to an hermetic container or huge mason jar. Best possible used inside 7-10 days. Makes 18 servings.
To shop this granola: you’ll shop this wholesome granola in a mason jar or an hermetic container for as much as a month or two
Serving: 0.25cupEnergy: 210calCarbohydrates: 22.9gProtein: 4.1gFats: 12.3gSaturated Fats: 3.8gFiber: 3.4gSugar: 10.5g
Recipe by way of: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by way of Devour Love Eats
This put up used to be initially revealed on Might seventeenth, 2019, and republished on January seventeenth, 2024.